Majors - TV coverage

Teetotal

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Even though Setanta have outbid Sky for TV rights to the PGA Tour, I heard that Sky still has rights to the US Open. BBC has always covered the Masters and the British Open, so am I right in thinking then that out of the majors Setanta only has the USPGA?

muttleee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
No. Sky is keeping the rights to the USPGA as well as the US Open and the World Championship events. Who knows how long that'll last though?

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
Sky are pretty unlikely to let any of their Majors go without a pretty big fight - don't expect much to change in the next couple of years at least!

Teetotal

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Then to be honest, why bother getting Setanta. Reading the other threads about Setanta, no-one seems to have forked out more money for the US Tour.
I miss Sunday nights watching the US Tour but I begrudge coming up with more money on top of Sky Sports. Let's hope Setanta give it up.

Hoppy

Club Champion
Visit site
I just found this weekend that Setanta Golf is free on NTL. I was very surprised to find it in my unsubscribed channels highlighted, selected it and watched FBR all weekend great stuff. Channel 543 NTL