Lw full swing?

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
No issue hitting wedges with a full swing, just remember you are hitting them a set distance, not as far as you can. If it goes 60 and it’s 67 to the flag go up a club.

D

Deleted member 3432

Only in an emergency.
I find it very difficult to hit the ball a consistent distance with a 58 or 60 degree wedge.

Especially in to a 30 mph headwind or crosswind :unsure::ROFLMAO:

RichA

Visit site
If you're close enough to hit a full LW, where would it go if you thin it?
On an awful round with the longer clubs last year, decided to play the long par 4 18th with just a 50 degree PW. Tried to knock the skin off the tee shot, accidentally caught it smack on the equator. Couldn't feel my fingers for 10 minutes but it went dead straight about 180 yards. Normally goes 110. Similar flight to how I wish I could hit my 4 iron. Wish I could do it on command.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
On an awful round with the longer clubs last year, decided to play the long par 4 18th with just a 50 degree PW. Tried to knock the skin off the tee shot, accidentally caught it smack on the equator. Couldn't feel my fingers for 10 minutes but it went dead straight about 180 yards. Normally goes 110. Similar flight to how I wish I could hit my 4 iron. Wish I could do it on command.
Bit tricky if the clubhouse is behind the green .:eek:

When I hit a full LW it just goes higher but no longer than a 3/4 one.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I dropped my 60 degree wedge, I can open the 56 up for those shots. Would not bother trying to blast one either. I do know my 1/2,3/4 and full plus I have worked out how to strip 2-5yards from those shots without changing anything mechanical. I have my yardages usually taped to my shafts .. I know I am a pedantic muppet. But come decision time and I know what I have and what options I have I am not over thinking it. Less loft is your friend and will always yield the best results- not wind affected, directionally more straight and you don’t have to swing out your shoes.
Old Phil got the 60 degree looking like a sexy club but he is exceptional.. having the ability to do it relatively well is good to practice but it’s not a stock shot.