Looking to join a club near Reigate, Surrey

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
So of my options so far you would put Reigate Hill and North Downs at the top .? Thanks very much for the input, and the stear on NDGC, what are the practice facilities like at ND?
Cheers
Rich

Have a look at Reigate Hill's website. They offer a flexible membership scheme where you can buy credits to play and so can perhaps tailor your membership fees to the amount you think you'll be able to play and still ahve the option to then top the credits up

Luca4

Assistant Pro
Visit site
To be fair the membership is very reasonable, and the practice facilities look about the best locally. I like the idea of a full 18, but Reigate Heath just looks lovely. Decisions decisions, can't wait to take up the offers and have a wander around 3 or 4 and see what they are like.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
anyone have any thoughts on Surrey Downs, looks a similar set up to Reigate Hill?

The range is popular with people I know, not used it or played the course myself. May suffer similar issues to Reigate Hill; Google it & the 5th entry is from Guides For Brides, similar conference & event use issues?

D

Deleted member 1418

Reigate Heath for me - loved playing there when I lived down that way.

badger57

Assistant Pro
Visit site
To be fair the membership is very reasonable, and the practice facilities look about the best locally. I like the idea of a full 18, but Reigate Heath just looks lovely. Decisions decisions, can't wait to take up the offers and have a wander around 3 or 4 and see what they are like.

Have a look at Reigate Heath Artisans - club comps & matches against some of the big clubs in Surrey & good V F M.

Whydowedoit

Hacker
Visit site
I've lived in the area & played them all. Was a founder member at Reigate Hill but found the course to be very limited as its only 6000 yds Par 72 & the par 4's are a drive & a flick. Pound for pound the best for me were Copthorne & definately Chartham Park, both near East Grinstead but not that far away. Surrey National was a great layout when it first opened but they messed it up & don't treat "members" very well. Betchworth Park is another gem you should consider. Bletchingley gets very dry & burnt in summer & its impossible to play a decent game. Why not get a pay & play type membership which is cheap & gets your handicap registered, then play around at several courses. There are so many in the area. Don't know what standard you are, I was single figure. Good luck.

Luca4

Assistant Pro
Visit site
No not yet

I have narrowed it own to 4'ish ! at the moment, based on distance, price and initial feedback
in no order
Reigate Hill
Reigate Heath
Surrey Downs
North Downs

Now if the weather gets better I can get to play them a see what they are like!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Have you considered Redhill & Reigate?

Not sure on how accessible or expensive it is, but apparently (I haven't played it, but am acquainted with a member) is very friendly with good facilities. 2nd oldest club in Surrey.

Luca4

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It is literally at the end of my road, I could walk there and not damage a cleat. It's great for a wander round in the evening, cheaper than range balls. I payed £5 in the summer. But I don't like the holes over the road at all, and as its five of them its just too much.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If stay firmly away from north downs, I have family there and there are issues with fog and drainage

Surrey downs is actually a nice course with a great range and nice putting green

Last edited:

Luca4

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If stay firmly away from north downs, I have family there and there are issues with fog and drainage

Surrey downs is actually a nice course with a great range and nice putting green
I popped in for some detail during the week and the practice facilities look good, an the course looked in good nick from what I could see. They are also doing a very good deal at the moment, £300 down and then £68 per month until 1/7/16
17 months for the price of 12. looks very good value, it all depends on the course, anyone know if they suffer with the weather at all?