Looking for some advice...

Rocket01

Visit site
Noswaith dda people.

I'm looking for some advice with regards to buying new clubs. I've not struck a ball in a very long time, a combination of poor health and spending my 20's drunk and incapable. Fast forward to my 30's, the end is in sight to my poor health and I've rediscovered my love for the game ( the last 3 months watching golf on TV while off sick reignighted the love.) Anyhoooooo, having long since sold my clubs I am looking to invest in new, I haven't set a budget as yet as I am unsure what I want to go for (New, second hand etc) I was hoping to be pointed in the direction of a trustworthy supplier either a store or online. I used to play off 9, but that was 13 years ago, and unfortunately I play with the wrong hand, a lefty, (which according to a quick Google search appears to limit my choices quite significantly. Any help or guidance would be appreciated

Many thanks

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Left handed golf based out of Silvermere Golf Centre in Surrey would be my first port of call to look at. I think they have some of the biggest range of left handed clubs. Welcome along by the way and good to hear the health issues are getting better. Where abouts are you?

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Get a fitting see what works for you, most stores and pro shops are quite competitively priced and offer a free fitting, you could try out some used clubs too you might find work for you at a lower price

Rocket01

Visit site
Left handed golf based out of Silvermere Golf Centre in Surrey would be my first port of call to look at. I think they have some of the biggest range of left handed clubs. Welcome along by the way and good to hear the health issues are getting better. Where abouts are you?

In South Wales. I'll have to perhaps plan a journey.

Rocket01

Visit site
Get a fitting see what works for you, most stores and pro shops are quite competitively priced and offer a free fitting, you could try out some used clubs too you might find work for you at a lower price

My old irons were fitted so I know what size I'm looking for, which helps, however I'm a tall man and there aren't a great deal of second hand clubs in my size range. I'm not in a major rush so I can keep looking. I'd prefer new in truth but American gold seem to be offering me a rough choice between a set of Wilson tat or a £1,400 titleist beauties 😂

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
My old irons were fitted so I know what size I'm looking for, which helps, however I'm a tall man and there aren't a great deal of second hand clubs in my size range. I'm not in a major rush so I can keep looking. I'd prefer new in truth but American gold seem to be offering me a rough choice between a set of Wilson tat or a £1,400 titleist beauties 😂
Aye right enough you could try eBay you might get lucky,

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've a shed full of left handed clubs...all played with off 9 at some time!

Mainly TM though, and all standard lengths and lofts (but a mix of standard and stiff shafts)

Shame you are so far away!