Looking for course to join around Windlesham area

OLgolfer

Visit site
“Stretch it” from no joining fee to £4.5k :D

Both are full and have waiting lists.

It’s worth it over the other courses being mentioned. They only have waiting lists from the post lockdown rush, give it until renewal time next year and there will be openings

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
It’s worth it over the other courses being mentioned. They only have waiting lists from the post lockdown rush, give it until renewal time next year and there will be openings
Just to say that that may be the case for many of the clubs mentioned - but not all. My club (Farnham) has had a (albeit short) waiting list for a year or two - and we have managed to get through the pandemic pretty well without membership falling off...(touch wood...)

OLgolfer

Visit site
I live in West End, used to be a member at Merristwood but everything's changed there now as it has become a pay and play only like Pine Ridge. New owners now and hoping for good things but its a few years away at least from being decent. Dessert in summer, bog in winter.

I've exhausted everything locally which is why I moved to Hindhead, if it needs to be local give East Berkshire a look, had a walk around the course and it was decent for the money. Sensible subs but approx £1k joining fee.

3 W's are all around £4k joining fee and £2k+ a year. All full when I asked in April.
Last time I checked Camberley Heath had a £1500 joining fee - reduced from £2.5k I think, subs were around £2k
Farnham is a good course but again I believe its full and there's a joining fee of around £1k
Sand Martins was originally on my shortlist but after having a look around wasn't for me. Think it was a small joining fee of £250 but subs were expensive at around £2400 annually.
Bearwood Lakes very nice but very expensive.

Depends how far you're willing to travel, it takes me 35 minutes to get to Hindhead and Blackmoor is 40 minutes. If you don't mind the travel Blackmoor is a great course with good practice facilities but I think there's a £750 joining fee.

Lastly, the drift, they're spending a lot of money there at the moment on course refurbishment as well as a large covered driving range. Fees are £1750 I think with no joining fee. Only negative I know of is it can get very busy on weekends and a bit muddy in winter.

Hopefully the drift is spending all the renovation money on removing trees. Terribly tight and poor architecture

Goggs

Visit site
Hi all, very much appreciate all the responses! Sunningdale Heath for me is a bit too short but good looking course. I had a trial of farnham and liked it a lot, names down on waiting list but haven’t tried Hindhead and Blackmoor, will drop them an email to see if I can get a trial round there.
Also thanks Homer for the offer , royal ascot is so close Im going to play it with my Dad during the Xmas hols if it’s open.

I work a month and month rotation so have time to travel 30mins each way.

Any of these courses have grass driving ranges? I’ve found that the mats aren’t really helping me when I go onto the course for iron play.
(Loved Woking when I played it but sadly out of my price range)
Thanks

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Hi all, very much appreciate all the responses! Sunningdale Heath for me is a bit too short but good looking course. I had a trial of farnham and liked it a lot, names down on waiting list but haven’t tried Hindhead and Blackmoor, will drop them an email to see if I can get a trial round there.
Also thanks Homer for the offer , royal ascot is so close Im going to play it with my Dad during the Xmas hols if it’s open.

I work a month and month rotation so have time to travel 30mins each way.

Any of these courses have grass driving ranges? I’ve found that the mats aren’t really helping me when I go onto the course for iron play.
(Loved Woking when I played it but sadly out of my price range)
Thanks

Let me know when you're up at Ascot and I'll say hi. Ascot has a grass practice ground

Parky24

Medal Winner
Visit site
Bramley has great fairways and greens. Is on sand so drains well in winter. Has fairway sprinklers so does not get too dry summer. No joining fee. Reciprocal agreements with other great courses. It's a no brainer for me.