Looking for course to join around Windlesham area

Goggs

Visit site
Hello all ,

I’ve seen lots of threads about courses around my area, looking to join one for next year.

Played Chobham , Windlesham , Farnham , Camberly so far . Going to play Royal Ascot soon. My price range is probably around the yearly fee of 1000-1700 but without a joining fee.
Any other courses I should consider?

Also if there are any good token system deals going I’d be interested in that also .

Cheers

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
I live in West End, used to be a member at Merristwood but everything's changed there now as it has become a pay and play only like Pine Ridge. New owners now and hoping for good things but its a few years away at least from being decent. Dessert in summer, bog in winter.

I've exhausted everything locally which is why I moved to Hindhead, if it needs to be local give East Berkshire a look, had a walk around the course and it was decent for the money. Sensible subs but approx £1k joining fee.

3 W's are all around £4k joining fee and £2k+ a year. All full when I asked in April.
Last time I checked Camberley Heath had a £1500 joining fee - reduced from £2.5k I think, subs were around £2k
Farnham is a good course but again I believe its full and there's a joining fee of around £1k
Sand Martins was originally on my shortlist but after having a look around wasn't for me. Think it was a small joining fee of £250 but subs were expensive at around £2400 annually.
Bearwood Lakes very nice but very expensive.

Depends how far you're willing to travel, it takes me 35 minutes to get to Hindhead and Blackmoor is 40 minutes. If you don't mind the travel Blackmoor is a great course with good practice facilities but I think there's a £750 joining fee.

Lastly, the drift, they're spending a lot of money there at the moment on course refurbishment as well as a large covered driving range. Fees are £1750 I think with no joining fee. Only negative I know of is it can get very busy on weekends and a bit muddy in winter.

3puttpercy

Visit site
Puttenham GC just the other side of A31 Hogs Back
£1250 no joining Fee
Talk to Gary Simmonds or Tim
Good Course quick greens
Good Luck,

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I live in West End, used to be a member at Merristwood but everything's changed there now as it has become a pay and play only like Pine Ridge. New owners now and hoping for good things but its a few years away at least from being decent. Dessert in summer, bog in winter.

I've exhausted everything locally which is why I moved to Hindhead, if it needs to be local give East Berkshire a look, had a walk around the course and it was decent for the money. Sensible subs but approx £1k joining fee.

3 W's are all around £4k joining fee and £2k+ a year. All full when I asked in April.
Last time I checked Camberley Heath had a £1500 joining fee - reduced from £2.5k I think, subs were around £2k
Farnham is a good course but again I believe its full and there's a joining fee of around £1k
Sand Martins was originally on my shortlist but after having a look around wasn't for me. Think it was a small joining fee of £250 but subs were expensive at around £2400 annually.
Bearwood Lakes very nice but very expensive.

Depends how far you're willing to travel, it takes me 35 minutes to get to Hindhead and Blackmoor is 40 minutes. If you don't mind the travel Blackmoor is a great course with good practice facilities but I think there's a £750 joining fee.

Lastly, the drift, they're spending a lot of money there at the moment on course refurbishment as well as a large covered driving range. Fees are £1750 I think with no joining fee. Only negative I know of is it can get very busy on weekends and a bit muddy in winter.

Used to live in Bisley many moons ago, pretty much started playing golf at Windlemere. My brother is a member at The Drift, it's s pretty decent track, but yes, does get a bit boggy in winter. I know they have a new range and practice facility being installed at the moment, not sure about membership and joining fees though.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Used to live in Bisley many moons ago, pretty much started playing golf at Windlemere.

I had been trying to remember the name of that place for years. (I lived in Knaphill).

I always have been able to play during the week day time and felt sorry for all the guys queuing (about 10 groups) as I left the course.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
This has made me google Windlemere.. When I first started playing, we used to go there sometimes. Sad to see it closed a while ago.

It was sad to see it close, was a good little course to sharpen the approach shots with the small greens. Whats surprising is when you look through from the dual carriageway it doesn't look badly overgrown... Strange...

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
More than happy to take you round Royal Ascot and introduce you to the GM. It depends on age and what membership you are looking for regarding price. It may be at the top end but there is also Fell75 who has recently joined can give you a secondary opinion.

FELL75

Visit site
More than happy to take you round Royal Ascot and introduce you to the GM. It depends on age and what membership you are looking for regarding price. It may be at the top end but there is also Fell75 who has recently joined can give you a secondary opinion.
Yep, happy to. Looked around and got a nice feel about the place. like the course and feel made a good choice. Also looked at Sutton green, puttenham, Guildford and pine ridge to name a few. Drop me a line if you like.

OLgolfer

Visit site
Surely Sunningdale or the Berkshire

Edit: just seen you have a budget. I would stretch it and join West Hill or Woking

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Surely Sunningdale or the Berkshire

Edit: just seen you have a budget. I would stretch it and join West Hill or Woking

“Stretch it” from no joining fee to £4.5k :D

Both are full and have waiting lists.

I think they'll also be a case of "Don't call us, we'll call you..."

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I only know Windlesham and Camberley Heath of the ones you mention, and CH is comfortably a better golf course. Sunningdale Heath is less than 400 yards long, par 58, so is a glorified par-3 course.