longest par 3

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
how is the redesigned hole? I did love the old green but can see how it was probably a bit unfair!! :LOL:. Is the tee just on the left now?

The tee has been moved to the left of the valley, black tee at 234, white around 210… don’t play off the yellows or orange. 7th green has been landscaped with a rubber path and heather leading to the 8th tee.

The green complex has been completely dug up, all new drainage and an all new green. The old green had 3 possible pin positions and was so easy to putt off the front - very unfair for a 200+ yard par 3! The new green is fairer but still the quickest on the course but there are loads of different pin positions available now.

Attachments

• A8C3F470-C49D-4B0C-AEA6-1E7BB20342FD.jpeg
    A8C3F470-C49D-4B0C-AEA6-1E7BB20342FD.jpeg
    162 KB · Views: 12

YandaB

Visit site
I seem to recall that the 18th at St Pierre was quite long. Elevated tee, over a pond to a reasonably large green overlooked by the bar and all your mates waiting for someone to duff it into the water, not at all intimidating! Indeed, just looked it up, scorecard shows it as 236 from yellow and white tees. Birdied it :)

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
The tee has been moved to the left of the valley, black tee at 234, white around 210… don’t play off the yellows or orange. 7th green has been landscaped with a rubber path and heather leading to the 8th tee.

The green complex has been completely dug up, all new drainage and an all new green. The old green had 3 possible pin positions and was so easy to putt off the front - very unfair for a 200+ yard par 3! The new green is fairer but still the quickest on the course but there are loads of different pin positions available now.

Looks nice. Is it just an oddity of the day the pic was taken or are the yellow/white tee markers often together?

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Not the longest (although still fairly long), but the most intimidating par 3 I've played is probably the 11th at Heaton Park.

190 yards, bush filled ravine directly in front, and steep drops on 2.5 sides with oob long. As a beginner it struck the fear of god into me that hole.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Doesn't happen any longer but when we used to have a winter card due some layout changes during winter, a couple of holes were deemed as par 3 s. 8th which was from the tee at the time 283 and the 9th was 294. Both had prev had the tee halfway down the fairway.?

Steve Wilkes

Visit site
Played Eltham Warren for the first time a year back, The 7th there is par 3 235 yards off the yellows, the Whites were a good 12-15 yards further back, and to make it slightly more difficult it's a slight dog-leg left to right

The Fader

Visit site
15th at Cleckheaton GC

245 yards - slightly uphill with a steep fall away to the right!!

It's OK for casual golf though because it's only 243 yards off the yellows!!

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's 217, but I found the 1st on the Blue (also 217) to be much more intimidating... first shot of the day right in front of the clubhouse over a massive heather filled gully.

i like the 1st on Blue - not an easy start - but the miss is to keep left. I have always thought 16 Red felt at least a club or two longer though

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Played Eltham Warren for the first time a year back, The 7th there is par 3 235 yards off the yellows, the Whites were a good 12-15 yards further back, and to make it slightly more difficult it's a slight dog-leg left to right

Nice little course isn’t it

Steve Wilkes

Visit site
Nice little course isn’t it
Yes, Played with Matty and his Dad, would love to have another go at it, but not looking forward to the 7th, I remember hitting my driver out the middle with a touch of fade and still had a chip up to the green for my 2nd shot, even you would need 5 iron instead of a 6 :)

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Yes, Played with Matty and his Dad, would love to have another go at it, but not looking forward to the 7th, I remember hitting my driver out the middle with a touch of fade and still had a chip up to the green for my 2nd shot, even you would need 5 iron instead of a 6 :)
at the moment they are doing an offer - £99 for a 4 ball - i'll see if the ginger whinger and his dad fancy it if you want mate

Steve Wilkes

Visit site
at the moment they are doing an offer - £99 for a 4 ball - i'll see if the ginger whinger and his dad fancy it if you want mate
Sure, me and the old Guy will take you two youngsters on, would have to be a weekday though(not a Wednesday)

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Styal near Manchester has a par 3 at 250yards from the whites. Not sure why when most of the par 4s are around 300

Go and play there. The par threes are a bluddy nightmare. 187 (White) on the FIRST, who needs that for the first shot of the day? 183 on the fourth with a magnetic pond to the right on the green and huge trees on the left. 250 on the 6th so you're using driver, and we all know what can happen with that in your hand. So that's countless shots already gone. Who needs long par fours? You've lost all your shots on the fist six holes. Speaking from experience. Some (a lot) of the seniors don't bother playing when the comp is off whites.