longest par 3

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Also 7th at Trump is 241yds off the Black, and also an absolute brute is the 234yds 5th at Tarland, plays into an upslope so all carry

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Stowmarkets 4th hole is a 250yd par 3.

It does play slightly down hill but it also has a bloody great huge tree on the left edge of the "fairway" some 155 yards from the tee. If you play any sort of fade you've not got a great chance of hitting the green....to be honest the best play is to thin an iron or top your driver down the hill....you might not make the green but at least you'll be on a "fairway" from which to wedge close and hopefully one putt.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Course I play at most often has 2 over 200yds (off back tees).
One is 220 and over water too. Other is 216 slightly uphill. I don't believe either Tee is used when Jamega Tour plays there.

Longest I've played is Carnoustie 16th 245 from back and to a hillock green, so easy to run off! Par-ed it once out of 3 in my best round (76).

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I personally think that any par 3 over 200yds is bordering on absurd for the typical club golfer.

Par 3s should give the golfer the opportunity to demonstrate their wizardry with their irons....and for the greenkeeper to present challenges to said golfers by putting the pin in tricky positions that might require a little bit of strategy and thought from the golfers depending on the green topography.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Alton Hampshire 10th
244 yards

Our longest is 230 but it is not the length that gets you it is the lie if the land the shape of the green and the predominant wind.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Longest at our place is 215 from the back, SI 5.

I've hit everything from a driver to a 6 iron into it but its generally into a coastal wind so plays longer.

Short (front to back) green with a bit of a backstop before gorse and oob - so you can't go long.

Hard to run it on as the last 20 yards to the green is uphill and gets progressively steeper.

In the summer a 4 is a good score on there, winter makes it a lot easier as the green is softer and easier to hold.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Our 13th is 231yds off the whites. SI 5.
Elevated green, into the wind, in winter, it's a real struggle for me with a driver!

StuartH90

Visit site
First hole @ Winterfield GC (Dunbar) - 228y - 200y carry over a sunken fairway. Take it on and leave yourself short of the gulley and you are in thick rough with a mad stance!
winterfield_golf_club_7.jpg

D

Deleted member 23270

6th at West Suusex is one of my favourites. 226 over water, there is a bail out fairway on the right of the water but that leaves a horrible angle into the green.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We've got one at 230 yds but in all honesty it probably isn't the most difficult even for a short hitter like me as it's with the prevailing wind and the green tends to gather balls. Always happy to get a par though.