Fabia999

Visit site
Following on from the most par 3 holes on a course thread,

whats the longest par 3 you've played?

We have a 218 yard par 3 from the white, downhill but its a hard one. SI 7

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
That 1 can think of off top of my head…214yd 11th at East Ren. My track’s longest is 208yds (to middle of green). But I am 99% certain that I’ll have played much longer over the last 50yrs ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Roxburghe has one at 216yds, 13th. Alnmouth, Foxton, has one, 17th, at 216yds as well. A hint of downhill on that one so not as painful as the one at The Roxburghe. Too bloomin long, that's for sure.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Our longest is 219 off the whites (according to the card) and it's all uphill as well. And the green is a flipping nightmare. I hate this hole with a blind passion, I'm not going to lie. A 4 feels like a par, and it's the only par 3 where I don't even mind walking off with a 5. It's one of those holes where you just get it out the way and move on.

SimonC

Head Pro
Visit site
The longest I've played is the 16th at Carnoustie at 245 yards, it was playing down wind (very windy) on a warm & sunny summers day.

The par 3's at my home club are relatively short. There's only 1 that is over 160 yards but it is uphill & plays close to 200 yards when the pin as at the back of the green.

D

Deleted member 21258

Think longest I have played is:-

Ganton off backs is 246 yards/ 232 yellow (driver, if into wind, last 4 holes are hard holes)

JCB country off backs is 255 yards / 204 yellow (downhill alot, so plays less)

edit just thought Austin Lodge used to have a special par 3, massive downhill off whites 245 /226 yellows. Shame the course is no longer:(

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Whiteleaf has a 243 yard par 3 and it's very possibly the worst golf hole I've ever had the misfortune to play.......
It has no redeeming qualities at all......and I can say the same for most par 3s over 200 yards that I've played.....
Have them on Pro level courses with more forward tees for the rank and file but, in my opinion, no par 3 needs to be more than 200.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
WHS recommended max is 260 yards
CONGU was 250 yards max

Come on old bean, sod the regs tell us about one you've played! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

17th at JCB must be the longest I've played. Its looks fantastic... great views across the lake. It was a long hit even though off the side of a big hill. Wouldn't want that into the wind in a medal!

16th at Carnoustie was a tough as I can remember too!

4th at Porthcawl is 215, to a massively sloping green. I've played that into the wind in February, got nowhere near it!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Forres is the longest up here I think, 248 off the tee. Our 14th us 230 odd the black and the greenstaff seem to like sticking the flag onbthe very back in comps, remember one day it was 257 to the flag?
Carnoustie has to be the toughest, last time I played it was into the wind and hit driver, PW and only made the front ?

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Forres is the longest up here I think, 248 off the tee. Our 14th us 230 odd the black and the greenstaff seem to like sticking the flag onbthe very back in comps, remember one day it was 257 to the flag?
Carnoustie has to be the toughest, last time I played it was into the wind and hit driver, PW and only made the front ?
That's it!!! 248yds 10th hole.

Birdied it twice in one day for their 36er couple years back, only one to birdie it all day. Was I in the prizes? Was I f@$&