Lofts

JSims

Visit site
No. I didnt say that in any way or possible interpretation. How did you possibly read that into my post ?!?!?!?
Exactly, loft is quantifiable, so an objective comparison.
Surely more useful than putting them side by side. What does that tell you - the one on the left looks shinier ? The one on the right looks thinner ?
It may be quantifiable as an attribute. But, as I posted earlier, pretty useless as a comparison! You may as well use Club (physical) Length!

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It may be quantifiable as an attribute. But, as I posted earlier, pretty useless as a comparison! You may as well use Club (physical) Length!
As a 'comparison' for what ? As a comparison of loft, angle, is incomparable, and cery useful indeed. Perfect in fact.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Loft and shaft length are the two biggest influences on ball flight and distance.
Yes, loft and length, two objectively measurable parameters tell everything. The rest is cosmetics. And marketing creative fantasy, preferably with a 3 letter acronym : LCT - launch control technology, SSS - spin stability system, DOF - distance optimised face, etc, dreamed up by someone who possibly has never even hit a golf ball, but was recently promoted from the polo shirt side of the business.

Last edited:

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yes, loft and length, two objectively measurable parameters tell everything. The rest is cosmetics. And marketing creative fantasy, preferably with a 3 letter acronym : LCT - launch control technology, SSS - spin stability system, DOF - distance optimised face, etc, dreamed up by someone who possibly has never even hit a golf ball, but was recently promoted from the polo shift side of the business.
Try playing with something that Bobby Jones played with and a modern club with the same loft and length and see if they are identical because all the materials and differences in weight distribution are cosmetic.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Try playing with something that Bobby Jones played with and a modern club with the same loft and length and see if they are identical because all the materials and differences in weight distribution are cosmetic.
I havent seen any hickory shafted clubs for sale lately.
When talking about the real world of what people play and what is in the shops in 2022, there is no such thing as a further or shorter hitting club beyond the parameters of loft and length.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I havent seen any hickory shafted clubs for sale lately.
When talking about the real world of what people play and what is in the shops in 2022, there is no such thing as a further or shorter hitting club beyond the parameters of loft and length.
Your reply would seem to indicate that shafts also make a difference . There are numerous difference shafts available.
Most people also believe implicitly that distribution of weight around the club face makes a marked difference for off centre hits hence the preference for most handicap golfers and not a few pros for cavity over blades.
Once one recognises there are differences the relative importance of each is a matter of prefence rather than the absolutist stance that there are only two parameters that make any difference to performance.