Lofts.

User20204

Visit site
Has anyone had their lofts checked recently ?

Reason I ask is, since I bought a new set of irons 18 months ago I've had a gapping issue from my 9 to my P, like 15 - 20 yard gap but just kept at it, well today it cost me a shot so I went in to the pro and asked him to check the P out.

Should be 46, turns out it's 49 and has never been tweaked at any time since bought new.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
My now 12 year old forged Mizunos have never been even a degree out despite serious range use and 4 seasons golfing with just me, not counting the fact I got them second hand.

I have not used them as much since 2013 season but they still haven’t budged!

User20204

Visit site
My now 12 year old forged Mizunos have never been even a degree out despite serious range use and 4 seasons golfing with just me, not counting the fact I got them second hand.

So you've had them checked on a regular basis ?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site

Not swinging hard enough then! ;)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Haven't got the link to hand but Robin Matthews-Williams did a video with Orka where they checked his irons and a few of them were several degrees out. Apparently it's not uncommon with some major manufacturers.

User20204

Visit site
Haven't got the link to hand but Robin Matthews-Williams did a video with Orka where they checked his irons and a few of them were several degrees out. Apparently it's not uncommon with some major manufacturers.

Didn't watch it but recall it. My irons were all fine with the exception of the P, just very strange that what seems, straight from the factory it was miles out, why it's taken me 18 months to finally do something about it I'll never know.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
there my be a thread abot it a few years ago, i had a set i had checked and a couple had moved quite a bit, can't remember which, but had two irons the same loft almost

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
So you've had them checked on a regular basis ?

Yes, checked back in around 2012, then again in 2016. Was part of a free “MOT” so was expecting to be told they were all way out but strangely not!

Maybe my swing is so bad that I bend them back into shape any time I try to fade instead of draw.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Anytime I buy new irons, i get the loft and lies checked straight away by a guy i trust, very rarely would you have a full set of irons and perfect lofts

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
I have mine checked every few months now.

My 716 MB's were checked when new and 6 months down the line. Loft and lies were pretty much on the button from the manufacturer but after 6 months varied from 1-2 degrees stronger lofts. Noticed I was hitting approaches longer and it chucked all my yardages out by a few yards.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
I recently got a new set of Orkas, and the builder told me to bring in my wedges and he'd set their lie angles.
My Vokey 54 degree turned out to be 55.5. He said it will have been like it from new.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I've never had mine checked. This could explain why I can't hit my 6 iron...
Had exactly this issue with my MP30s many (, many!) years ago. They were checked as part of a Precision Golf fitting session and it turned out to be stronger than a 5 and lie was off several degrees too. Some of the others were out by a degree or so. Amazing difference when all were set to 'my swing'. The 6 went from 'oh sh1t..must I' to being my favourite club! The entire set felt soo much better!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had exactly this issue with my MP30s many (, many!) years ago. They were checked as part of a Precision Golf fitting session and it turned out to be stronger than a 5 and lie was off several degrees too. Some of the others were out by a degree or so. Amazing difference when all were set to 'my swing'. The 6 went from 'oh sh1t..must I' to being my favourite club! The entire set felt soo much better!
Hmm. I was half-joking but now you've got me worried. Might have to find somewhere to get mine checked. :confused:

D

Deleted member 1147

Hmm. I was half-joking but now you've got me worried. Might have to find somewhere to get mine checked. :confused:

I thought you had said that you were going to Orka for a fitting. If so, is there any point?