Loft & Lie

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Had all my irons checked yesterday. Each one was weak on the loft, had the lies altered as well as I'm a tall (ish) bugger. Played this morning and they felt a lot better, easier to play with.

My invoice is in the post :smirk:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I haven't had my loft and lie checked. As they are Ping and cast not sure they will move too much. Due to get them regripped for the 2015 season so might get them done just out of interest at the same time

D

Deleted member 16999

I haven't had my loft and lie checked. As they are Ping and cast not sure they will move too much. Due to get them regripped for the 2015 season so might get them done just out of interest at the same time

I realise it'll be diferent around the UK, but the place I'm using the check is free and then £5.00 per club if they need adjusting, you might find similar in your area

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I realise it'll be diferent around the UK, but the place I'm using the check is free and then £5.00 per club if they need adjusting, you might find similar in your area

The assistant pro at my new club took them to a neighbouring club as we don't have the kit currently and charged me nothing, he wouldn't take anything from me when offered.

I have found my retirement home, I couldn't be more happier :thup:

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The assistant pro at my new club took them to a neighbouring club as we don't have the kit currently and charged me nothing, he wouldn't take anything from me when offered.

I have found my retirement home, I couldn't be more happier :thup:

Had to go to another club to get mine done, no one else had the equipment. Check is free, adjustments cost £3 a club.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site

£5 per club is a bit on the expensive side, especially "up north" where we are
Normal charges are about £2-£3 per club, or some Pros have been known to just have a set fee, £20 set of irons

D

Deleted member 16999

£5 per club is a bit on the expensive side, especially "up north" where we are
Normal charges are about £2-£3 per club, or some Pros have been known to just have a set fee, £20 set of irons

All clubs checked for loft and lie, spent nearly 45 minutes with the Pro, put stickers on face and bottom of clubs then got me to hit balls off a board on a launch monitor, discussed results measured all lofts, out of 6, 1 was half a degree out.
Surprised when he said no charge!

Scousejay

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi am looking at getting my taylormade burners 2.0 checked for loft & lie. There 2 yrs old from new. I live in liverpool anybody know we're I can go to get them checked around this area? Thanks.

D

Deleted member 1740

Hi am looking at getting my taylormade burners 2.0 checked for loft & lie. There 2 yrs old from new. I live in liverpool anybody know we're I can go to get them checked around this area? Thanks.

Alright Jay, try Chris crowder at the driving range in Netherley he's pretty good for stuff like that.

I've got his number if you want me to pm you it.

D

Deleted member 1740

Is that the driving range they just done up if so will pop down there & see them. Any idea on price. Thanks for your help to.

Yes mate that's it. Iirc it's about £40 for the set.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Well the irons had there first outing yesterday in the Monday sweep, the front 9 was shocking, not just the irons but the whole shebang, struggled off the tee, 2nd approach shots to the green turned into 3rd and even 4th shots after chipping sideways out of trees! I got drawn with the clubs captain at my new club and just put it down to anxiety and trying too hard, what a wally!

Redeemed myself on the back 9 with a bogey on our par 5 10th to kick-start me towards 3 straight pars all in regulation on some of the toughest holes on the course just shaving birdie puts on all of them! Then just bogied my way in other than a blob on the par 5 16th for 21 points on the back 9.

What a crazy frustrating game this is at times!

Cheifi0

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My clubs are only months old but had my loft and lies checked by the pro who I have lessons off. The lifts were ok but some of the lies were out by up to 3 degrees. Surprising as they should of all been 1 deg flat so you would of checked that before they were out for delivery. Makes a huge difference as other folks have said with the clubs sitying much more comfortably at address. Definately pays to check them out.