Lockdown Challenge

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
4 weeks away from normal activity during the National lockdown. I decided to set a challenge - something hopefully achievable and not involving a reduction in alcohol!

So, Lockdown challenge is 280,000 steps in 28 days - 10k per day average. We are 3 days in and have built a nice buffer, just need to keep it up

Anyone trying something similar?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's impossible for me. I can't stand walking about without an actual destination. It feels like the most utterly pointless thing imaginable. I walk plenty when I have somewhere to go. I cannot walk for the sake of walking. It just does nothing for me at all.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's impossible for me. I can't stand walking about without an actual destination. It feels like the most utterly pointless thing imaginable. I walk plenty when I have somewhere to go. I cannot walk for the sake of walking. It just does nothing for me at all.

it wasn't so much a comment on mine, just if you are setting any challenges to help overcome the xx lockdown

Chico84

Visit site
My rugby club is doing a weekly combined 60km run on Tuesdays. Last week’s target was beaten by double. A few of us have also committed to an individual 60km running across the month. I’m a bit behind so I’m about to head off for a 12km run/bimble to get back on track.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
4 weeks away from normal activity during the National lockdown. I decided to set a challenge - something hopefully achievable and not involving a reduction in alcohol!

So, Lockdown challenge is 280,000 steps in 28 days - 10k per day average. We are 3 days in and have built a nice buffer, just need to keep it up

Anyone trying something similar?
Did you spill any Peroni doing those steps Paul ?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If you want a purpose to your walking, have a look at sites like Action Challenge or theconqueror.events as they do virtual challenges that you log via Strava or manually. You get to see your progress and gives you something to aim for