Liv reserve players

Whydowedoit

Hacker
Visit site
Apologies if this might have been discussed previously. I noticed Laurie Canter & John Catlin are listed as Liv reserve players. Both played in the Open, & I know Canter has been playing DP World Tour events recently. What is the status here? Have they been allowed to go to Liv as Temps or Loanees? Confused.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Apologies if this might have been discussed previously. I noticed Laurie Canter & John Catlin are listed as Liv reserve players. Both played in the Open, & I know Canter has been playing DP World Tour events recently. What is the status here? Have they been allowed to go to Liv as Temps or Loanees? Confused.

They appear to be players that fill in when someone is injured etc and aren’t associated with a team

They then pay any associated fines

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site

Catlin is Asian Tour. He’s played the last 3 LIV events and he’s playing this weekend - expect to see him signed up to a LIV team next year as he’s performed reasonably well 24,7,23 - and he’s leading the Asian Tour order of merit so will get a LIV spot if he holds on to the top spot.

Canter should imho be offered a LIV contract at the end of this season when the initial contracts start to expire - he also played well when he stepped in to cover Horsfield last year and picked up some points. 15th and 21st this year before being replaced by Anthony Kim.
He can still play DPWT events as he’s paid his fines and retained his DPWT status.