Lithium battery repair.

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
My lithium battery is about 5 or 6 years old now and is starting to fail, sometimes it will manage 18 holes and sometimes less, yesterday it packed in after 3! Once it cuts out the electronics inside it won’t switch it on again until the charger has been connected to it.
Just wondering if anyone out there has had one repaired rather than buy a new one for £200 odd pounds. I suspect one of the cells has failed or gone weak but a quick look on google and I couldn’t find any cells similar. It’s an 18 hole Motorcaddy battery.

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am afraid it sounds like your battery had reached the end and it’s time to say goodbye. The life expectancy of a Lithium battery is around 5 years which is several times longer than a lead acid version.

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
Yes I think I have to agree with you on that one but I just wondered if there was anybody out there that would be able to just replace the battery cells into the old casing with the original electronics etc. I’m a poor old age pensioner these days!

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
If you were clever enough you could replace the cells, but don't. I test batteries all the time and when the cells are spent your just as well getting a new unit. 5 or 6 years, depending on how much you play is really good TBH. The protection circuit PCM will shut it down as soon as it goes below a certain level and it sounds as though you've hit that level. THE END

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I bought a generic lithium battery off the net for about £130 about 3 years ago..still going well and is tiny any weighs next to nothing. It’s came with. Standard T Bar that was the same as my aging Powakaddy.

All the new models seem to have their own shaped batteries that sit flush in the frame... I guess they are expensive and you can use a non branded replacement? Any ideas? (In case I buy a new trolley)

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
If you were clever enough you could replace the cells, but don't. I test batteries all the time and when the cells are spent your just as well getting a new unit. 5 or 6 years, depending on how much you play is really good TBH. The protection circuit PCM will shut it down as soon as it goes below a certain level and it sounds as though you've hit that level. THE END

Ok cheers for that, I guess I’m buying a new one then.