Motocaddy S1 lithium charger - help

• Thread starter Deleted member 18121
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18121

Hi all

I've got a (roughly) 2013 motocaddy S1 18 hole lithium trolley/battery.

Got back from golf today and the charger sounds like it wants to explode..... Simple enough, buy another charger..... Except I can't find one, even direct from motocaddy.

Anyone have bright ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_20220101_155334.jpg
    IMG_20220101_155334.jpg
    443 KB · Views: 4
  • motocaddy-s-series-lithium-extended-range-battery-and-charger-140-p.jpg
    motocaddy-s-series-lithium-extended-range-battery-and-charger-140-p.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 4

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Nothing available used via a motocaddy service agent?

The other option is to find a charger with the same input / output ratings and just cut the plug off and use connector block to fit it to the new charger.

D

Deleted member 18121

Nothing available used via a motocaddy service agent?

I'll have a search for one of those..... I've tried about 10 different sites so far that all seem to have the right thing, then you find it's a different voltage or says post 2018 only etc

Cheers ?

D

Deleted member 18121

I’ve had a similar situation with a travel cover for a 2017 m3. It seems the post 18 models have a 28v lithium instead of 14v.

The latest one I found said 14.4v..... but my one is 14.3v. I can only assume to keep us buying new gear rather than replacement parts.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If speak to a motocaddy agent and check the 0.1v impact. I work in an industry where battery charging is important and I wouldn’t expect 0.1v to make a difference.

Another option could be to speak to any club shops who have the older models on hire, they may have a spare charger. Or type s series spares or repairs on eBay and see if someone has one with a shot battery etc.