Motocaddy S1

Happy Howie

Visit site
I have a Motocaddy S1 electric trolley, 2013 model. As the lead acid batteries are few and far between now, I’m looking to convert it to lithium. I know there’s a handle circuit board upgrade required, but does anyone know which model of lithium battery is suitable?
TIA.
Happy Howie.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't know why it would need a circuit board upgrade, the operating voltage would be the same.
The only difference I know of is that Lithium battery charge states can't be read in the same way a lead acid battery does. So the lithium should work in it, but the charge status will more than likely say full all the time, until the battery is empty.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have an S1 - bought as an ex-demo model so it came without a battery. I use/have used batteries from Lite Power and from Liberty Batteries with it. Both times 36 hole lithium. Also both times it was 'brick' shaped batteries so the battery doesn't sit neatly in the battery tray. But as long as you have the correct connector, then who cares? They are a darn sight cheaper than batteries from Motocaddy.

Circuit board upgrade? No idea. Not done one and had no idea one was supposedly necessary

Happy Howie

Visit site
Thanks for replying chaps. Maybe the new circuit board is purely so the battery status is correct - it was Motocaddy that told me!!
Ain’t bothered about status, so will borrow a lithium from the Pro Shop today and see how it fares.

pepereima

Visit site
Hey. I bought a used Motocaddy s1 cart.
there is one problem here. when I connect the battery, the cart automatically goes straight ahead.
what could be wrong here?
only 1 light is on in the control box.