Motocaddy S1 problem

Kev510

Visit site
Hi all, new to the group. Just bought my 1st electric trolley. A S1 Motocaddy second hand.

I charged the battery and went to try it out - on my carpet. It went nowhere unless I convinced it to.... is this normal??

Yet on a hard surface it went fine, took it onto the grass and nothing 🤦🏻‍♂️

Any suggestions as to what it could be or is this just normal???

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That’s not normal. As soon as you press the button, the wheels should fire up, grip and go. Sounds like it could be an issue with the motor

Albo

Visit site
Given that it goes on a hard surface but not on carpet/grass it may be there isn’t enough power in the motor or charge in the battery.
I’d take it back to where it came from

Kev510

Visit site
Given that it goes on a hard surface but not on carpet/grass it may be there isn’t enough power in the motor or charge in the battery.
I’d take it back to where it came from
Fully charged the battery... 🤦🏻‍♂️ so you think the motors not got enough go??

chasf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Check the wheels are not in free wheel position. Press the button in on the wheel and push it all the way in and pull back and it should click. Try to spin the wheel and there should be resistance, if its on the outer catch its in free wheel mode and the wheel will spin more easily.

Kev510

Visit site
Check the wheels are not in free wheel position. Press the button in on the wheel and push it all the way in and pull back and it should click. Try to spin the wheel and there should be resistance, if its on the outer catch its in free wheel mode and the wheel will spin more easily.
Which button?? Do you have a pic?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
The S1 is designed that if the battery goes dead you can put the wheels into a mode where you can use it as a push trolley. One both wheels there is a spring loaded clip that pushes in to allow the wheel to push on and off. Press the clip piece and push the wheel all the way in.
Another thing you can do, Jack up the back end. Remove both wheels and press the button for the wheels to turn. You should see the axle turning.. If they do, put the wheels back on and make sure the lugs on the axle engage with the wheels to enable them to turn.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi all, new to the group. Just bought my 1st electric trolley. A S1 Motocaddy second hand.

I charged the battery and went to try it out - on my carpet. It went nowhere unless I convinced it to.... is this normal??

Yet on a hard surface it went fine, took it onto the grass and nothing 🤦🏻‍♂️

Any suggestions as to what it could be or is this just normal???
Have you removed the wheels.?
They have a clutch in them and must be on the correct side.
Swop the wheels over and try again.

could be the charger or battery !