Links Golf Cup Ayrshire 2020

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got an email through today advertising this competition https://www.linksgolfcup.co.uk/links-golf-cup-ayrshire/

Anyone on here played it or anyone in the local area that's played all the courses tell us if it's worth entering?

Not worried if it's a bandits paradise as we only looking for some good courses to play and have a few days craic and not worried about entering expecting to compete

Courses it's played on are Western Gailes, Kilmarnock Barassie, Gailes Links and Dundonald Links

The cost is £345 per person which seems decent value compared to visitor green fees totalling about £500 for that time of year

Probably 4 of us travelling over from Ireland if we enter, can anyone give any advice on decent and reasonably priced accommodations in the area? Doesn't need to be to classy just somewhere to sleep after golf and few beers each evening.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
All three courses are very good.

I'd be surprised that 3 X green fees are over/ball.park figure £500 right enough.

Western is probably the pick of the three being on the coast and really old school golf. Some great holes. That said I think Dundonald is a stronger course overall. It has a tremendous variety of holes and it can really beat you up if you're off your game.

Barassie is also good, underrated to an extent but I enjoy it, 4th hole (par 3) is a brilliant golf hole.

All three are certainly worth playing. All great courses in their own merit. Don't think you'll be disappointed.

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
All three courses are very good.

I'd be surprised that 3 X green fees are over/ball.park figure £500 right enough.

Western is probably the pick of the three being on the coast and really old school golf. Some great holes. That said I think Dundonald is a stronger course overall. It has a tremendous variety of holes and it can really beat you up if you're off your game.

Barassie is also good, underrated to an extent but I enjoy it, 4th hole (par 3) is a brilliant golf hole.

All three are certainly worth playing. All great courses in their own merit. Don't think you'll be disappointed.

4 courses mate, Western Gailes, Gailes Links, Barassie and Dundonald

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Got an email through today advertising this competition https://www.linksgolfcup.co.uk/links-golf-cup-ayrshire/

Anyone on here played it or anyone in the local area that's played all the courses tell us if it's worth entering?

Not worried if it's a bandits paradise as we only looking for some good courses to play and have a few days craic and not worried about entering expecting to compete

Courses it's played on are Western Gailes, Kilmarnock Barassie, Gailes Links and Dundonald Links

The cost is £345 per person which seems decent value compared to visitor green fees totalling about £500 for that time of year

Probably 4 of us travelling over from Ireland if we enter, can anyone give any advice on decent and reasonably priced accommodations in the area? Doesn't need to be to classy just somewhere to sleep after golf and few beers each evening.

I played in the East Lothian version a few years back, played North Berwick, Kilspindie, Gullane 1 and Gullane 2.

Well run and organised comp, you will enjoy it I'm sure and the courses in Ayrshire you'll be playing are all excellent.

D

Deleted member 15344

Looks a steal and imo I suspect you won’t get too many bandits etc as I suspect they are qualifiers etc - enjoy looks a great line up

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I have played all 4 and a member at one and are well worth the trip over. I have a couple of friends / clients who have guest house accommodation in Irvine if you decide to come over, can get their contact info for you. The Gailes lodge Hotel is decent too, but a bit more expensive.

D

Deleted member 1147

A mate of mine has played the East Lothian and Southport versions of this.
They are qualifiers, and it's not just for bandits.
He really rates it (y)

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the info so far guys

Sounds like 4 courses well worth the trip then as not a bad word been said and good to hear some have played in these events and that they are qualifying and well organised.

AMcC- if we decide on coming I will certainly give you a shout about your friends details for accommodation

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Looks a steal and imo I suspect you won’t get too many bandits etc as I suspect they are qualifiers etc - enjoy looks a great line up
As far as I'm aware they usually play off 75%... so not Q.
EDIT..... Looks like they've moved on & all are now Q.... excellent