Lexus NX arrived yesterday

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Two week review...Really can't find fault with this car yet. Comfortably sits 4 adults, still drives like a dream (sure the ride is a bit firm, but nothing bone-jarring - it's not to not be so "spongey" as the car feels a bit more responsive) and is unbelievably comfortable.

I'm averaging (according to the on-board computer) 40ish MPG which for a car that weighs nearly 2 tonnes, is pretty acceptable in my book!

If I had to nit-pick the door seals along the bottom of the door seem to collect dirt quite easily, but again, it's really nit-picking.

Once you 'learn' how to drive a hybrid auto, to get the most out of the car, the hybrid system really comes into it's own. So smooth and quiet and will happily cruise along in traffic or along urban 30mph zones in Electric mode. There are 3 driving modes, ECO, NORMAL and SPORT - I mostly drive in a mixture of Eco because I'm boring and am not in a rush to get anywhere...Makes the car feel unresponsive and slow to accelerate, but obviously forces economical driving...and also Normal as well...which gives it noticeably more poke. Sport mode is even more fun - Tachy change to a rev counter, steering is a bit more twitchy and gives you all the acceleration you need to overtake. Great to have the option here.

The boot isn't massive, sure as demonstrated by the pic below with the dog's crate in it (she's a springer spaniel, for size reference)...That fits in without issue, with room for an overnight bag either side without problem...So it would happily swallow a few decent sized suitcases...so I'd say it's plenty big enough.

28066435096_71656cd3b6_c.jpg

I've probably already mentioned this - but I still love the fact the parcel shelf has it's own storage compartment under the boot floor - just some absolutely brilliant thinking from the design team. Something so small, but is a great convenience to have.

Last edited:

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just dragging this back up as I've just topped 2000 miles already as we've had a busy few months (only contracted to 15k a year, so looks like we'll be trading this in for a new model before the 3 years is up!)....

Still yet to find fault with this car...actually, the only fault was my wife getting herself a speeding ticket driving through London doing 29 in what was (apparently) a 20. :D

the fuel economy is slowly creeping up and I'm averaging 39.0mpg now...and it appears putting in premium fuel (which works out at £3 more expensive for a full tank) gives better fuel economy - as I'm now getting closer to 450 miles out of a full tank (was previously getting 400 from the first few tanks of standard fuel.

Still so comfy to drive and keep finding features I never knew it had.

Needs a good clean, but that's about it.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Thanks for the update, I was getting worried as there hadn't been one for a while.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Might I ask where that was & who issued it?

Tower Bridge Road (driving north). Issued by the city of London Police.

At 6pm on a Saturday, so the roads were suitably busy, and I can guarantee my wife was following the flow of traffic, so I can only assume every other person got done as well?? I've google street mapped the road and there are signs (albeit it not very obvious ones)

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Interesting. When 20mph limits were first introduced, they were supposed to be self-enforcing and they weren't supposed to be taking up police resources in enforcement. Obviously the goal posts have moved, and not necessarily for the better.