Letting people through while in a comp?

Albo

Visit site
It’s bonkers it really is.

More than a hole behind and have someone up behind you? Let them though, comp or no comp. It matters not.
We got let through a 4 ball the other week who were in a group outing but had lost over a hole on the group in front, they did the right thing in letting us through, we were a 2 ball and clearly a lot faster.
I don’t understand it, but then there is a lot in golf especially competitive club golf that I don’t understand.
It isn’t the open, it won’t materially change your life if you win or lose, yes, even if it’s a board comp.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
It’s bonkers it really is.

More than a hole behind and have someone up behind you? Let them though, comp or no comp. It matters not.
We got let through a 4 ball the other week who were in a group outing but had lost over a hole on the group in front, they did the right thing in letting us through, we were a 2 ball and clearly a lot faster.
I don’t understand it, but then there is a lot in golf especially competitive club golf that I don’t understand.
It isn’t the open, it won’t materially change your life if you win or lose, yes, even if it’s a board comp.

Yep, me and Kraxx played in the pairs knockout yesterday and we were clearly slower than the 3 ball in front of us. We let a 2 ball through after about 7 holes and then offered a single player to be let through who declined. It’s just common sense.

sunshine

Visit site
If you are male you shouldn't let anyone through, especially in a comp. It's an insult to your manhood.

Some people believe a competition is a matter of life and death. Borrowing from Bill Shankly, I can assure you it is much more important than that.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
A couple of Fridays ago we went out in our regular fourball with the regular Friday morning roll up behind us, there were 12 of them, so it was 3 fourballs.

We quickly left them behind, however on the fourth, looking back we could see that a single female golfer was right behind their last group. I assumed that she would only be doing 9 holes (a lot of our female members do), but no, looking back on thirteen there she was coming down ten, still behind their last group.

Now the things, we knew, she knew and the golfers in front of her knew that she wasn't getting through.

Her husband was in the group in front of her ;)