Lessons

evita4

Head Pro
Visit site
Had my final lesson of a set of six on the course last night. Played 3 holes under the watchful eye of my local pro. Ist was a 365 yard par4, played driver and then 7 iron into the wind from about 135 yards to within 5 feet and made the putt for a birdie. 2nd hole 167 yard downhill par 3. Hit 6 iron pin high but just to the left of the green chipped up and down for par. 3rd hole 450 yard par4 which started with a poor drive out of the heel. Then hit 3 wood from the semi to 70 yards short of the green. 52* wedge through the green and chipped back and 1 putted for a 5.
Now gonna go and play lots of golf over the summer and then book another session of 6 with more specific faults to cure. The moral of the story really is to encourage a few forum members struggling with their game to spend £100 or so on some lessons rather than that shiny new driver that they hope will improve their game, it won't! until you erradicate the swing flaws, and a good pro will have you playing better and equally importantly much more enjoyable golf for less than the price of a new big stick.

Get those lessons in guys, I'm sure you won't regret it.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Sound words of advice. I went through a swing transformation last Summer and played really well until the end of season. A few flaws have crept in but a lesson with my home pro (the others were with a PGA pro at a local range) have got me back on track and I can't wait to get out in the summer sun and hopefully win a few prizes.

Great post and good luck when you go out for the next 18 you play

forefortheday

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Couldn't agree more after my last round I booked a lesson with my pro and finally got a rounded swing (picking it up too steeply before) been down the range 3 times this week and the difference is amazing!

wilf_74

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Good Post, Without lessons i would be still off 28, Also would say you have to work on what they tell you at the range to ingrain it, too often i hear 'he changed my grip and shot my worst score' and then they go back to there old grip and dont give it a chance, if they did they would see the difference. It doesnt happen overnight, but it will.

Get some lessons, work on what they tell you over a few hundred balls and then see the change.

Good Luck evita4.

stevo

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have just had my second lesson of 4,which will be my second set after starting in September.He has sorted out some flaws in my set up which i hope will transfer onto the course.Hope to see my handicap tumble soon. :cool: