Lesson time, how long.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Kids have asked me what I fancy for Christmas. And it’s gonna be golf lessons/ lesson. I have contacted the pro re Xmas deals and he has mentioned he is doing a two hour lesson deal which he said he can split. So what’s the thoughts on having a 2 hour lesson or would 2 x 1 hour lessons work out better.
Thoughts appreciated.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If youve never used the pro before personally id prefer a 2 hour lesson, but fully expect to be in the minority

Maybe a 90 min lesson then a half hour follow up a few weeks later? Gives you time to have a really good lesson and go through things in detail but still allows you a catch up when things dont quite go to plan ;)

Tashyboy

Visit site
If youve never used the pro before personally id prefer a 2 hour lesson, but fully expect to be in the minority

Maybe a 90 min lesson then a half hour follow up a few weeks later? Gives you time to have a really good lesson and go through things in detail but still allows you a catch up when things dont quite go to plan ;)

Ave used him before and he is the one I will travel 20 odd miles for. I had initially got my head around having a couple of lessons but when he mentioned about a 2 hour slot it kinda changed things a bit. The idea of 90 mins plus 30 mins appeals to me.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Depending on what I was wanting to work on, I'd go 2 X 45 and 1 X 30mins. The 30 I'd be using for some short game shorts. The other two could be full swing.

Tashyboy

Visit site
I think what I deffo will be doing is splitting it. Ave got all on focusing for an hour never mind 2. Full swing is probably all I will focus on.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I recently did 2 x 2 hour lessons with Paul Foston. Loads of time to watch, listen learn and practice. Did chipping and putting the first one, a recap on putting on the second lesson followed by bunker work taking the first hour, then a look at 7 iron and the driver for the second hour. Just perfect!

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
30 mins unless its a playing lesson. Hour is far too long for me, I get distracted and overloaded.

I much prefer playing if I am going to have the pro for a while, hugely underrated and not enough of us have them.

Dannyc

Visit site
I’ve always had 30 minute lessons from my course pro i never really got to the problem though
I then had a hour lesson from another pro and bang not been back since and ball striking so much better
To be fair it was pretty simple I knew it myself but just needed reminding

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Two hours for me.

Full swing practice.
Chipping practice maybe bunkers
Putting practice.

Great intro and lots of variety

Agree that two hours in full swing will be bad in the back and boring after a while.