Launch monitors

simmb

Club Champion
Visit site
Is Skytrack any good? I know that when you take into account the costs it’s alright, but I saw a YouTube review where off the driver there was a 20 yard carry difference between it and GC2. 5-10 yards difference I can understand on a 250yard shot, but nearly 10%? Not sure on that.

Which way was the difference , 20 yards shorter or longer than the GC2? I have also used GC2 and find that to be a bit more generous with carry numbers than Skytrak but the difference is about 10 yards (GC2 longer). My trackman session puts me somewhere in between the two. Problem with my comparisons is I never hit the ball the same one day from the next.
What review was it?

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
I can’t remember, but I remember that it put me off possibly purchasing. Interesting that the post before mentions that it’s less accurate outside - that totally rules me out as I’ve got no where near enough room indoors. Oh well, the putting green I installed in the Spring will just have to do :D

simmb

Club Champion
Visit site
I can’t remember, but I remember that it put me off possibly purchasing. Interesting that the post before mentions that it’s less accurate outside - that totally rules me out as I’ve got no where near enough room indoors. Oh well, the putting green I installed in the Spring will just have to do :D

Sun shining directly into the optic lens will cause issues but you just create some shade and it should be fine outside. I have heard of people using half the box from a 12 pack of balls placed on the top and that seems to do the trick. I have never used mine outdoors so don't know100% how well that trick works.

TimmersUk

Visit site
Yes it’s very good and accurate. It struggled with top end driver speeds though.

I only sold mine because it wasn’t reliable in sun light and needs to be inside to be really accurate

Thanks Mendie,

ten years ago The Players was my club as well....and played Burnham loads of times. Lovely course and very good Full English

TimmersUk

Visit site
Thanks for all your replies. I purchased Skytrak and Skypro in the end and a 3m x 3m x 3m cage, TeeTurf mat and have signed up to TGC for some lighter entertainment.
I couldn't budget for the cost of a more expensive monitor. Let's see how this one does
Now let's find a swing and single figures here we come!

cheers

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sun shining directly into the optic lens will cause issues but you just create some shade and it should be fine outside. I have heard of people using half the box from a 12 pack of balls placed on the top and that seems to do the trick. I have never used mine outdoors so don't know100% how well that trick works.
i tried the box trick and it didnt work very well.

to give some context, i got so annoyed with the yardages being so far out, i took it to my local store, indoors and immediately gained the 20yds i was missing with an 8 iron

simmb

Club Champion
Visit site
Thanks for all your replies. I purchased Skytrak and Skypro in the end and a 3m x 3m x 3m cage, TeeTurf mat and have signed up to TGC for some lighter entertainment.
I couldn't budget for the cost of a more expensive monitor. Let's see how this one does
Now let's find a swing and single figures here we come!

cheers

When you have it all setup and running get yourself on the TGC tour it's all free and is well run, just complete Q School to get a handicap and off you go.