Practice net and portable launch monitor advice

Kennysarmy

Visit site
I've been given some funding to put a single practice net up at the school I work at and potentially a portable launch monitor.
This is to get more students in to golf and also for staff use :)

The net will be a permanent erection, close to our cricket nets.

Any advice on type, size and places to purchase such nets would be appreciated.

We're thinking the Garmin R10 for the monitor.

Budget is around £1,600 for everything, though we could do a little bit more fund raising if necessary.

Thanks.

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
New skytrak plus looks interesting... need a bit more budget i suppose.

Garmin R10 would beed an ipad too to be much fun....

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
This is my garage build for advice on nets/mats etc.

If buying the mat I have, slice it up and use cheap Astro turf for the standing area. I cut strips out of mine that are enough to form a strike zone. The trick is to get it level with the astroturf.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
New skytrak plus looks interesting... need a bit more budget i suppose.

Garmin R10 would beed an ipad too to be much fun....
As a skytrak owner I’d be suggesting the mevo+ on a bigger budget. As outdoors, very accurate and no subscription costs. I’d be swapping if my garage was bigger and the new skytrak ain’t much better than the old one.

Springveldt

Visit site
As a skytrak owner I’d be suggesting the mevo+ on a bigger budget. As outdoors, very accurate and no subscription costs. I’d be swapping if my garage was bigger and the new skytrak ain’t much better than the old one.
Camera systems are still better for hitting into a net though, the radar ones are still guessing spin unless they support the RCT balls.

At @Kennysarmy budget all the camera ones are out unless he can pick up a 2nd hand SkyTrak but I think the Garmin R10 would be alright if it's just to get kids into golf.

Springveldt

Visit site
I've been given some funding to put a single practice net up at the school I work at and potentially a portable launch monitor.
This is to get more students in to golf and also for staff use :)

The net will be a permanent erection, close to our cricket nets.

Any advice on type, size and places to purchase such nets would be appreciated.

We're thinking the Garmin R10 for the monitor.

Budget is around £1,600 for everything, though we could do a little bit more fund raising if necessary.

Thanks.
I'm sure there are others out there but these guys do all sorts.

Never used them so can't comment on quality etc

With your budget the Garmin R10 is probably the best option but will need an iPad as well I think.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Camera systems are still better for hitting into a net though, the radar ones are still guessing spin unless they support the RCT balls.

At @Kennysarmy budget all the camera ones are out unless he can pick up a 2nd hand SkyTrak but I think the Garmin R10 would be alright if it's just to get kids into golf.
The pluses and minuses to both technologies mate. They’re very equally matched. The Garmin is spot on for the OP like you say.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just thinking, is a single net suitable for use in a school? What are the other 30+ pupils in the class supposed to be doing when the net is in use? I would think using the money to subsidise trips to a local range may be better