Pop up golf net and launch monitor

RustyTom

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi all.

Sorry if this has been asked a million times.

Im thinking of getting a golf net that I can use in my conservatory and garden in the summer.

As my work shift pattern has changed, along with my partners, I'm only going to be able to play twice a month, sometimes only once, so I want something that I can play with while the kids nap or when they are in bed on an evening just so I'm swinging a club.

can anyone recommend a good make or model that is durable and strong.

I am also thinking of getting a launch monitor, either the es12 or sc100. Unless the es14 or sc200 come up cheap or a used one on eBay. Would any of these be recommended for use?

Thanks for any input.

Tom

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
I've got the SC200. It gives you the carry distance based on the club head speed and speed the ball leaves the club head. So therefore also smash factor. To do this is makes some assumptions about the launch angle I think as you have to input the loft angle of all your clubs.

The results I got are not that far off a GC2 but of course you have to take into account it is vastly cheaper so not as accurate. You can also play some game son it where it asks you to hit the ball certain distances to add a bot of fun instead of just smashing it every time. But overall I think it is good, as long as you are aware of what it shows you and what you will not get out of it.

As for nets I used to have this one I think http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-rev...?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0

To be honest I think they are all much of a muchness. Most are a bit of a pain to erect so once they are up you need to leave them up as you won't be putting them up and down every time you want a practice. Also the netting can rip if you happen to smash a ball into a netting area where it is relatively weak. In a way it might be worth just getting a cheap one in the understanding it will probably rip so you just get another cheap one. And I'm sure they need to be secured to the ground/grass with pegs so not sure how you will use one in your conservatory. Especially if it is a glass one and you are using real balls as that will be a recepie for disaaaarster darling. ;)

Last edited:

RustyTom

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks for your input. I will look it up.

Hmmmmm not sure the Mrs would appreciate a golf net up in the conservatory 24/7, especially with all the kids toys in there aswell! Maybe I can find a smaller, more mover friendly one.

Yes I probably will be using real balls.

What kind of mat do you use?

Tom.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
No idea, I bought it ages ago, it's not a posh one by any means. Basically a small bit of astroturf with a hole in it to stick a tee through. I keep asking the local range if they have any old ones they don't want but don't get anywhere.

Craigg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Faced with the possibility of only 12 rounds a year, I wouldn't worry about a net. I'd be looking for a stout tree to throw a rope over!:D