Laughter - the best medicine

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
We all have accents to a greater or lesser degree, but if we all wrote in them then there'd be a lot of misunderstanding as the reader couldn't be sure of what the writer was intending to say.

Luckily most of us write in plain English so we know what the writer is saying without having to think about it.

I can just about live with one affected forumite but if we all started doing it I'd soon leave

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
We all have accents to a greater or lesser degree, but if we all wrote in them then there'd be a lot of misunderstanding as the reader couldn't be sure of what the writer was intending to say.

Luckily most of us write in plain English so we know what the writer is saying without having to think about it.

I can just about live with one affected forumite but if we all started doing it I'd soon leave
Ah divvent agree with yu. Ah taak with an accent and neeboddy has trubble understanding wor ah say.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Sadly, I understand every word without having to employ an interpreter.
Al bet most of your learning ” Notts” would of been through your unsavoury customers whilst pounding the beat 🤔😳😂👍

In Fact Billy al bet your one of the most “ Bilingual” people on here dealing with your multicultural clients In the past. Good training indeed to help you in your “ Mod” years 😂😂👍

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Seems a strange thing for a fully grown man to do but each to their own I guess.
Unfortunately Dave, when I emigrated from Rochdale to Mansfield as a 7 yr old in 1970. When you were stuck in a classroom with Jocks, geordies, mackems, Yorkies, Cumbrians, Notts, Taffs, Lancastrians, Staffs, Men of Kent and Kentish man, ( there’s a differance), Derbyshires finest, Polish. You learned to sink or swim. I lived in a multicultural society before it became the phrase to use for a harmonious society.
Fortunatley it’s stuck 😁👍

D

Deleted member 23270

Unfortunately Dave, when I emigrated from Rochdale to Mansfield as a 7 yr old in 1970. When you were stuck in a classroom with Jocks, geordies, mackems, Yorkies, Cumbrians, Notts, Taffs, Lancastrians, Staffs, Men of Kent and Kentish man, ( there’s a differance), Derbyshires finest, Polish. You learned to sink or swim. I lived in a multicultural society before it became the phrase to use for a harmonious society.
Fortunatley it’s stuck 😁👍
What has all that got to do with typing in English? I have an accent but it doesn't affect my spelling.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Folks, we’ve had a bit of fun discussing regional accents. But back on track please. This is supposed to be a thread for a bit of laughter and light relief - there is plenty of scope to fall out with one another elsewhere on the forum!