Laughter - the best medicine

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
FDStm7_X0Ac1XiL

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
You're obviously one of these Jonny come lately Premier League era football fans. That's what pitches were like back in the 60's and 70's. ?

I give you the '50s when pitches were just mown fields, usually with a slope so it was best to get your second half playing down hill. ;);)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes I remember the worst I ever saw was Derby County.
No grass at all.
That was crackers wasn't it? Every season The Baseball Ground would become a mudbath, it was legendary. I can still picture it now on MotD or Big Match Special. Scandalous how they could get away with it and how far have grounds come since then?

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Do they show repeats of The Flintstones in the UAE?
Dubai don't but Abu Dhabi do.

Novice nun joins a convent.
On her first day she is informed by the Mother Superior that she can speak only two words every 12 months.
At he end of the first year the MS tells her to speak.
"Uncomfortable beds."
End of 2nd year.
"Bad food".
3rd year.
"Want out."
MS: "Can't say I'm surprised because you've nothing but grumble ever since you've been here".

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
A bloke took 2 stuffed dogs to the Antiques Roadshow.
The presenter said, "This is a very rare set, produced by the celebrated Johns Brothers taxidermists who operated in London at the turn of the last century. Do you have any idea what they would fetch if they were in good condition?"
"Sticks" the bloke replied.

D

Deleted member 1147

That was crackers wasn't it? Every season The Baseball Ground would become a mudbath, it was legendary. I can still picture it now on MotD or Big Match Special. Scandalous how they could get away with it and how far have grounds come since then?
They had to repaint the spot once, so Gerry Daly could take a penalty