Lack of distance

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Have had 3 rounds since we have been allowed back on the course but I’ve lost all distance, I seem to be striking the ball well enough, if anything maybe getting under it a bit much, I’m thinking I might be getting too steep?
Has anyone experienced this and rectified it?
The guy I get lessons from hasn’t started up again yet, that would of been my first option.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Have had 3 rounds since we have been allowed back on the course but I’ve lost all distance, I seem to be striking the ball well enough, if anything maybe getting under it a bit much, I’m thinking I might be getting too steep?
The guy I get lessons from hasn’t started up again yet, that would of been my first option.

Judging by my game yesterday with a guy whose just joined my Club - he was hitting close to 300 yards with a big high smash and was using a steel shafted £25 Dunlop driver ?? Best you look for new, better equipment ?

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
This is a true story, embarrassing as it is. First post lockdown round on the 13th I couldn’t work out why I wasn’t hitting my usual distances, put it down to being out of the game for a few months. Second and third rounds exactly the same. Full 50* wedge has been my 110 club for years, had 110 to go, pulled the club and was lucky to hit it 100 yards.... frustrating as hell!
On Friday I finally realised my watch had reset itself to meters and not yards. Didn’t know if I should cry or celebrate.

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
This is a true story, embarrassing as it is. First post lockdown round on the 13th I couldn’t work out why I wasn’t hitting my usual distances, put it down to being out of the game for a few months. Second and third rounds exactly the same. Full 50* wedge has been my 110 club for years, had 110 to go, pulled the club and was lucky to hit it 100 yards.... frustrating as hell!
On Friday I finally realised my watch had reset itself to meters and not yards. Didn’t know if I should cry or celebrate.
class haha

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
you will have to wait to Marty starts up again.... get in the queue:ROFLMAO:

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
My whole game feels week.

My best 8 iron is about 135 yards and my best drive was 230.

Guy i was playing with hits his 6 iron 185, mine barely inched over 150...

I have no idea where to get more distance from, i just guess my old clubs hit these distances and I have to accept it.

i*windows

Visit site
this really helps me, on your backswing make sure your left heal (for a right handed golfer) comes of the ground, then just before you reach the top of your backswing slam your heal into the ground as hard as you can and push your whole leg back.

this is great (ok they do swing fast to start with but the concepts are good)
and this from Mark Crossfield,

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: That is post of the year, hands down.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Was speaking to martin the other day and he just said just get used to playing again and it will come back.... apparently:unsure:

i did however make a trip to the Practice ground at the Old Torvean... and sort of found something... concentrated on the bottom of the back of the ball and i think i got it back. by the end was hitting it well... just need to remember what i was doing. was due to have a game tonight, but got up there and it started to rain, so played a couple of holes and walked in(y)

jmf1488

Club Champion
Visit site
Pre locdown I got a bit flippy and my dynamic loft went through the roof. All height no distance. Sorted it by getting back to rotating and not letting the hands get ahead of the body.