Korean/Far Eastern Lady Golfers

Merryphil

Visit site
Watching the 3rd round of the Evian LPGA competition. As usual the Korean/Thai/Chinese lady golfers fillthe majority of the top ten positions? Why is this?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Money. Pure and simple. The Korean government look for areas they can target, and exploit, by spending boat loads of cash to promote Korea. It used to be musicians, and is currently female golf. It might change to something else when the rest of the world catch on.

Money.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is there a reason why so many female S.Korean's are successful whilst the males have not made the same breakthrough? The junior system for girls is clearly working, have they tried to replicate that with boys?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Is there a reason why so many female S.Korean's are successful whilst the males have not made the same breakthrough? The junior system for girls is clearly working, have they tried to replicate that with boys?

The mens game lacks the room for exploitation. The level of competition is too high. The ladies game, less so.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have to say the masses of Far Eastern ladies players puts me right off watching ladies golf. They are just so automated with no visible passion or charisma, I just can't watch the ladies golf anymore.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I have to say the masses of Far Eastern ladies players puts me right off watching ladies golf. They are just so automated with no visible passion or charisma, I just can't watch the ladies golf anymore.

But if you listen to any of them interviewed on pod casts such as NLU, they ate often bonkets crazy.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I think this a question the LPGA need to fix, as the product is actually pretty good, but the perception isn't. They are trying though.