Visit site
Any tips on how to keep still during the swing
I have problems sometimes leaning back
any tips on how to keep still
thank you

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
If you are practicing outside, stand with the sun behind your back and watch your shadow. That will show you if you are swaying

I've read some daft tips Bob but how stoopid is this one! The OP lives in the West Midlands - when did they ever get sunshine?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Any tips on how to keep still during the swing
I have problems sometimes leaning back
any tips on how to keep still
thank you
Is it swaying - away from target - or moving/lifting your torso/shoulders/head (directly) away from the ball - in line with shaft of club?

The 'lean back' (away from ball) can be helped by 'standing tall' at address (but not so tall that you can't hit the ball) and thinking 'pull-lift' the right shoulder as opposed to 'push-drop' the left one (right-handed golfer). Subconscious doesn't auto-react so much to a 'lift' action as it does to a 'drop' one.

Mattyboy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Simply put the weight you have in your right foot (assuming right handed) on the inside of the foot and do not move it though the swing until your foot naturally comes up in the follow through. Some suggest putting a couple of golf balls down under the right foot to help with this.

Once you have the feel of this concentrate on making a full turn around your spine, which shouldnt be moving laterally now.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Simply put the weight you have in your right foot (assuming right handed) on the inside of the foot and do not move it though the swing until your foot naturally comes up in the follow through. Some suggest putting a couple of golf balls down under the right foot to help with this.

Once you have the feel of this concentrate on making a full turn around your spine, which shouldnt be moving laterally now.

Can remember the golf ball drill a few month back... Worked wonders on chipping