Keeping club heads clean during round..?

TeeRev

Visit site
I like clean clubs so a quick wire brushing, a dunk in the ball/club washer thingy which is fixed to my buggy and then dry on the bag towel, good to keep them looking nice, even if I can't use them properly.

Golf_Mad

Visit site
Wet towel and tooth brush for me. I clean my clubs after every round and then just a case of staying on top of them during the round.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is this something I should be more bothered about? I have a towel (dry) and a groove brush thing attached to my bag. If there's a bit of mud on the club face, wipe it off on the towel. If that doesn't get it off, scrub it quickly with the groove brush and then wipe on the towel. Good enough isn't it?

D

Deleted member 1147

Is this something I should be more bothered about? I have a towel (dry) and a groove brush thing attached to my bag. If there's a bit of mud on the club face, wipe it off on the towel. If that doesn't get it off, scrub it quickly with the groove brush and then wipe on the towel. Good enough isn't it?
You don’t use Turtle Wax after washing and drying the club face...How are you going to get a good shine?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
So I see we have a couple of options then:

Option 1:
Spit on club, scrape dirt off with wire brush, tee, toothbrush, 3 in 1 contraption, some brush connected to a water bottle, fingernails ?, dry cloth, nail brush or other generic contraptions probably on accessory belt, and finally wipe with wet end of your bag towel....

Option 2:
Wipe with wet end of your bag towel.

?‍♂️?
I'd go option 2 and add a tee into the equation to clear any residual dirt

Fabia999

Visit site
So I see we have a couple of options then:

Option 1:
Spit on club, scrape dirt off with wire brush, tee, toothbrush, 3 in 1 contraption, some brush connected to a water bottle, fingernails ?, dry cloth, nail brush or other generic contraptions probably on accessory belt, and finally wipe with wet end of your bag towel....

Option 2:
Wipe with wet end of your bag towel.

?‍♂️?

Not everybody wants to walk around with a wet towel.

sunshine

Visit site
This thread has been useful for gathering feedback. I sense the need for a magic club cleaning device, a fantastic over-priced contraption that solves a problem that doesn't exist. I'm releasing 3 versions:

Magic club cleaner £19.99 - basic model, a small towel with a brush fixed on the end.
Deluxe magic club cleaner £24.99 - as above, but towel and brush have gold trim.
Magic club cleaner pro tour £34.99 - tour spec, conforms to USGA and R&A regulations, towel has TOUR written in bold so you know it's only for good players.

Looking for random journeyman pro to endorse it.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I own quite a few golf towels (being a towel designed for golf means they are more expensive than regular towels and I'm happy to pay the premium)

One that stands out is the clicgear golf towel with built in scouring pad and a dapper little hook, here's what it looks like. It was a gift. I have no idea what it cost but I hope it was expensive
i-black-qv.jpg

This towel has never left my house & is only used to dry clubs after washing them at home :cautious:

Edit: I just looked at this towel online and it retails in the UK between £8-£12, :eek: Someone cared enough to fork out a tenner on a golf towel for me and I have no recollection who it was. Though I am reassured I have a quality bit of club cleaning kit (y)

sunshine

Visit site
I own quite a few golf towels (being a towel designed for golf means they are more expensive than regular towels and I'm happy to pay the premium)

One that stands out is the clicgear golf towel with built in scouring pad and a dapper little hook, here's what it looks like. It was a gift. I have no idea what it cost but I hope it was expensive
View attachment 31701

This towel has never left my house & is only used to dry clubs after washing them at home :cautious:

Edit: I just looked at this towel online and it retails in the UK between £8-£12, :eek: Someone cared enough to fork out a tenner on a golf towel for me and I have no recollection who it was. Though I am reassured I have a quality bit of club cleaning kit (y)

This looks just like the idea I had been incubating to present on dragon's den. I think mine is better though as it has TOUR in big letters.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I really don't see this has a huge issue. Just a towel on your bag... maybe drag a tee through the grooves after a bunker shot.