Justin Thomas dumped

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The only other player I can think of who wears RLX is Luke Donald (without googling). It leaves a gap in the promotion of their brand in golf, as I don't think LD really cuts it these days.
I also think new players may be reluctant to sign up, knowing that the slightest indiscretion will see them publicly cut loose.
I guess we will see.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I suppose it's how you view the word used. I see it as no different than using the "n "word.

Depends, it seems perfectly fine for some races to use it while it’s complete unacceptable for others as it’s deemed racist, which in my opinion is surely racist in its own right. It’s either acceptable or it isn’t, it’s clear cut.

Without the thread going down a race route, would it have been treated the same way of JT was a homosexual?

D

Deleted member 1147

The only other player I can think of who wears RLX is Luke Donald (without googling). It leaves a gap in the promotion of their brand in golf, as I don't think LD really cuts it these days.
I also think new players may be reluctant to sign up, knowing that the slightest indiscretion will see them publicly cut loose.
I guess we will see.
Billy Horshel is I think their other big name, but again, not that big.

D

Deleted member 15344

of course - and if he does not repent and learn enough about himself and his shameful behaviour - he will be forced to play a round with Cam, Stu and Homer!

No worse punishment than that on a course ?

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Don’t get me wrong, JT was out or order but it’s a bit rich of RL to take the high ground given they have sweatshops in many countries where being gay is frowned upon BDE8504F-8748-4E8B-BBD0-54395F7E304A.jpeg

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
Found this online dated January 2020:

At the time of writing - this is the definitive list of the professional golfers wearing RLX and POLO by Ralph Lauren:

Justin Thomas
Billy Horschel
Nick Watney
Smylie Kaufman
Doc Redman
Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano
Jonathan Byrd
Davis Love III

Many of these golfers have recently started to mix and match their looks between both the POLO and the RLX lines. Previously, all of the Ralph Lauren tour golfers were assigned to one sub brand exclusively; but this changed at the beginning of 2019 and saw the likes of Justin Thomas and Billy Horschel intermixing their looks within tournament play.

On top of the professionals currently playing on tour, Ralph Lauren also have another long serving ambassador in the form of hall-of-famer Tom Watson.

D

Deleted member 1418

To be honest, I didn't realise JT wore RL until I saw the headline on BBC that they'd dropped him - when I watch the golf, I tend to focus on all the shots rather than what players are wearing!

of course - and if he does not repent and learn enough about himself and his shameful behaviour - he will be forced to play a round with Cam, Stu and Homer!

Nobody deserves that.