Justin Thomas dumped

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
So JT rolls up this week in a non branded range of clothing that looks very similar to RL. ?

Sack him from the brand - please the LGBT crowd and set every forum / media platform on fire.

JT launches his own brand which is made by RL.

Win win or am I just a conspiracy theorist?

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Someone just asked this on Twitter which is quite interesting-

If Justin Thomas plays in the Olympics, will Ralph Lauren let him wear their clothes?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Someone just asked this on Twitter which is quite interesting-

If Justin Thomas plays in the Olympics, will Ralph Lauren let him wear their clothes?
Do they sponsor the US team?

I'm guessing that is the point. Different issue. They sponsor, assuming they are the sponsor, the team, not an individual. They don't have a say in team selection.

Isn't there a Nike v Adidas grump most Olympics within high profile people in the US squad, covering a range of sports.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
I believe this is a non-issue, as there will in all likelihood be agreements/contracts in place between Ralph Lauren and the US Olympic Committee that will state they have to supply all the qualifying athletes in the team. As indeed there will be between whoever is making the US Ryder Cup kit and PGA Tour. The bigger issue used to be those athletes sponsored by rival brands whose contracts didn't have any clause for events such as the Olympics. Since this issue arises in golf every year with the Ryder & President's Cups, I'm sure it's already been thought of.

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
I always find it a bit bizarre when Ryder Cup players suddenly don't wear a cap ? because it doesn't have their sponsors logo on it.

They've probably worn a cap for every round of golf they've ever played in their life, but then don't wear one. ?‍♂️
I've always thought the opposite. That they're contractually obliged to wear the cap with logo, as it's one of the most visual spots on the telecast, but when freed from that obligation, they prefer not to wear one. After all, if they did want to wear a cap they would still have the team ones to wear.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I've always thought the opposite. That they're contractually obliged to wear the cap with logo, as it's one of the most visual spots on the telecast, but when freed from that obligation, they prefer not to wear one. After all, if they did want to wear a cap they would still have the team ones to wear.

They are only contractually obliged to wear the cap if they sign the contract; if they don't want to wear it then don't sign up, simples.

ForeRight

Visit site
Ollie Schniederjans clothing endorsement deal excluded wearing a cap. Mind you, his hair was on a par with Robert Rock's so maybe that had something to do with it.