Just had my irons lie angles bent… sorry had to share

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Just dropped my coach a msg and he’s adamant my clubs are fine but to promote better gapping with my 5 and 6i I need to improve my swing, my dynamic loft in particular.

Seen as I’m setting up the same way he says I need to gain more height with my 5 and 6i and to do this I need work on my address (ball more on inside of my left leg focusing on wrist angles and motion)

Does this make sense to anyone and if it does can anyone explain what he means by wrist angles and motion?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Right I’m at work so it’s a full force swing without a ball. And yes I bring a golf club to work with me because I’m mad for it ?.

Go easy on me. I know there’s still a lot of work to do but it’s a swing I’ve only just had this week and just by looking at the video it’s not completely what my lesson was trying to implement.

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/eQkjvzRkEdM

Ill leave it to the pros from here! @bobmac?

Bamberdele21

Visit site
Ill leave it to the pros from here! @bobmac?

The only videos I have previously are from my driver and I know it’s not the same swing as my irons but they were similar in the fact that I was coming way over the top and I had early extension. You can see the difference here which was taken last summer.

This swing no longer exists thank god

You landing angles are crazy low.
Have you taken the clubs on course yet?
Might not be an issue at this time of year, but come the warmer drier weather your not going to be holding greens.

Not yet. I will be in around 2 weeks time.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Right I’m at work so it’s a full force swing without a ball. And yes I bring a golf club to work with me because I’m mad for it ?.

Go easy on me. I know there’s still a lot of work to do but it’s a swing I’ve only just had this week and just by looking at the video it’s not completely what my lesson was trying to implement.

Looks like you whip that club through there well. Good balance.

Nice :)

Bamberdele21

Visit site
Looks like you whip that club through there well. Good balance.

Nice :)

it’s a great feeling knowing I can confidently step up without standing over the ball thinking ‘don’t top it or hit it fat’ which is something I had a big problem with before. I also found it slightly embarrassing to make 5+ of these during a round with my mates. I know 1 or 2 will creep in every now and then but I’m definitely on the right path to improving.

D

Deleted member 23270

Looks very 'handsy' to me like it could go anywhere. Bit more control and body rotation would help. Forget distance and concentrate on consistency. If you need to hit it further take more club.

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site

There's a lot of good moves in there

but need to see it with a ball ... i've seen loads of people with fluid great practice swings :LOL:

D

Deleted member 23270

What is this?

First I’ve ever anyone ever mention it
You throw your hands down into the ball from the top rather than pull them down and round with your body. Can produce a powerful shot but if your timing is off the ball could go literally anywhere. Work on body rotation and you'll hit the ball more consistently.

Bamberdele21

Visit site
There's a lot of good moves in there

but need to see it with a ball ... i've seen loads of people with fluid great practice swings :LOL:

Will try and get one tomorrow when i have my ‘MOT fitting’ at AG

You throw your hands down into the ball from the top rather than pull them down and round with your body. Can produce a powerful shot but if your timing is off the ball could go literally anywhere. Work on body rotation and you'll hit the ball more consistently.

From my first lesson I was always taught that to come from the inside (as I was always over the top) was to feel as if my hands were dropping straight down. It’s naturally ingrained into my system now. No one has ever picked up on me being handsy but then again no one has really seen my swing replayed back in slow motion?

D

Deleted member 23270

Will try and get one tomorrow when i have my ‘MOT fitting’ at AG

From my first lesson I was always taught that to come from the inside (as I was always over the top) was to feel as if my hands were dropping straight down. It’s naturally ingrained into my system now. No one has ever picked up on me being handsy but then again no one has really seen my swing replayed back in slow motion?
If you have only been playing a few months making changes at this stage shouldn't be a problem. Turning and driving your hips through will automatically pull your hands down.

Bamberdele21

Visit site
If you have only been playing a few months making changes at this stage shouldn't be a problem. Turning and driving your hips through will automatically pull your hands down.

What tips would you give in regards to body rotation?

As soon as my left shoulder/arm hits my chin gravity kind of drops my hands in and it almost feels like a coil unloads as my upper body has turned 90 degrees so when I pull my hands through the rest of my body naturally rotates with it.

I’ve never really taken into account what my hands do other than pulling them through on my downswing as close to my right hip as I can.