Just became a member at Bearwood Lakes!

Plantie

Medal Winner
Visit site
Well I am a very happy boy!

Last night I completed my sign up to Bearwood Lakes and I must say that I am extremely impressed already.

The whole experience has been fantastic.

They have been accommodating and the service/communcation has been first class.

Whilst there I signed the forms and paid my joining fee & levy, within 15 minutes (after I finished my complimentary pint on the balcony) I had my photo taken for the membership card and received my welcome pack!!

The welcome pack consisted of a few goodies too.... as well as an intro letter there was a welcome (free) session with the pro where they look at my swing and make initial tips etc and then a chat back in the clubhouse to discuss the competitions and team games I want to play throughout the year! There is also a free 4 hour session at the Nirvana Health Spa (very plush indeed for those that don't know it!)which I will probably pass on to the missus to enjoy!

In then next couple of weeks or so I will be getting an engraved members bag tag and also embroidered Mizuno hat,shoebag and towel!
General stuff like car park sticker, diary and members log website login too!

In terms of playing I am meeting the MD of the club on Saturday morning for a coffee and then he will introduce me to some members ready for a game shortly afterwards!

The course itself is listed at no.31 in England and for a course that was only established in 1996, that is unheard of!

It has a real sense of grandeur about it and with the lakes and vast woodland around you may find yourself thinking you were in the middle of nowhere! It is perfectly silent and private with only the geese, deer, birds and rabbits to keep you company! (oh and the occasional snake!)

The greens are at 13 on the stimp(sp?) meter at the moment which compares to Augusta speeds! The greens & tees are all hand cut and he fairways are beautiful and in excellent condition. (similar to some courses greens!!)

For practice you have a well equipped range where all the balls are free, of a high quality, clean and in pyramid trays awaiting your arrival.

The putting and the chipping greens are also at the same standard of the course greens which is a big bonus!!

I will say though this is one of the hardest courses I have ever seen and I am hoping my first round doesn't leave a frustrating taste in my mouth!!!

The handicap will go up without doubt but it will travel well and hopefully I will get to play in a few club team matches which include the likes of Wentworth, Sunningdale, The Berkshire etc...

Having been up there twice I can also comment on how friendly all the members are, whether you're in a buggy touring the course, wandering in the pro shop or having a nice drink on the balcony!

Cant wait to get out there and enjoy the who club! :D :D :D

P.

Plantie

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi Sammmebee,

Well from the club they are £5500 but you can get them cheaper from people who are leaving the club for various reasons... only problem with that is that you have to then pay the joining fee of £1175. So you need to get it at a rate that doesn't cost you more that the club option.

I have two years to buy a debenture and will buy of a leaving member when available...

Thanks Sneds :)

P.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I have never played there, but it is supposed to be fantastic. Lucky you.

You won't be short of forummers to play with if you get lonely.

Plantie

Medal Winner
Visit site
Not quite..

I have paid my joining fee and subs and then next year i will pay my subs too.

Then I have to buy a debenture within a two years of today.

If I haven't I would then need to purchase on there dd scheme (£5500)

P.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
Free Range balls- you lucky bleeder! The whole place really does sound fantastic- I've never herd of it- are you sure it's not a fantasy ;) .

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I played there in a charity day a few years back. It was immaculate and I felt like a pro with all these balls in a pyramid on the range. 13 on he stimp is a bit scary for my dodgy nerves. Struggled at Ascot when they were 9!

Enjoy it there as I think you've joined one of the best clubs around (including Wentwroth, Mill Ride et al). The people I've dealt with organising the charity day were 1st class and couldn't do enough and the members when I went up to check a few bits out and pay the money were great (I was even offered a round but sadly hadn't had the foresight to pack my clubs)

Plantie

Medal Winner
Visit site
well just a discounted joining fee and levy for now with DD subs!

as for the following comments thanks guys, I am feeling great about it!

Just got back from my first round and it was as I thought superb...! I had a disastrous front nine just finding my feet but was +7 on the back with a couple of doubles so room for improvement!!

Eaglehunter - it really is a special place...

Thursday night and the whole clubhouse is buzzing socially :) Nice people throughout... fancy a chat??? no problem!

I had 7 members welcome me to the course today and a few guests that said fairplay, you're a lucky man..

Oldwindy, I didn't look into the Berkshire as Bearwood is 8 mins from my door...

The place is a really special place, different to all of the top Berkshire clubs I have been too.

Time to settle in more, get to grips with the stupidly fast greens and enjoy my golf!!!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

P.

Klincoln

Visit site
Hi,
I would love to play at bearwood lakes, could we organise a game with me being your guest , it's a course that looks stunning ,
thank you in advance and kindest regards
kell Lincoln ( 8 h/cap golfer) with impeccable manors and punctuality !
Mod Edit
thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 15344

Hi,
I would love to play at bearwood lakes, could we organise a game with me being your guest , it's a course that looks stunning ,
Mod Edit
thanks again

:rofl:

Ten out of ten for effort for your first post

la_lucha

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hi,
Mod Edit
thanks again
Just so you know this thread is from 2008, that's 7 years ago. I would not recommend putting your number on a public forum either.