just arrived back from abroad and my stand bag leg broken.. anyone know where i can

TXL

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
If the actual manufacturer is Sun Mountain, contact them. I had a leg break on my bag a few years back, contacted them and theu sent me 2 replacements.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Weird, I had exactly the same problem with my StaDry bag a couple of years ago, I'd only had it two months. Ended up swapping it for a Sun Mountain H2NO which has the inherent bag strap break problem.
Note to self, never buy Titleist or Sun Mountain carry bags again.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Other one is that if it got broken during the flight then you can speak to the airport as they can sort. At least on suitcases they do pretty instantly if it got damaged as part of loading/unloading

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Other one is that if it got broken during the flight then you can speak to the airport as they can sort. At least on suitcases they do pretty instantly if it got damaged as part of loading/unloading
Will travel insurance not cover it? Otherwise go to the airport/bag manufacturer. A royal pain the backside though and not a good way to end the holiday

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The leg of my exact bag broke in the same place.

Contacted Titleist and they said it cant be fixed. May be worth going to Sun Mountain as mentioned.

gopher99

Visit site
If the damage was done when coming back from holiday, the airline should cover the damage. It’s all dependent on the airline as well, I have had drivers and suitcases damaged by various different carriers and they all have paid for the damaged items.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
If you are at all sensitive don't ever watch luggage handlers unloading a plane.

I am surprised that there are not more claims, personally I would be going through my holiday insurance depending on excess etc.

(**then again I don't have a clue how many claims are made per year**)

Brizo1411

Visit site
Just do what's set out in post #2. If you want to remove and post to me (or Jim I suspect?) we can do it for you.🤔
thanks pal, nice offer.

waiting on titleist getting back to me, guess i would have to have said to the airline at the time, but didnt check it until i got home yesterday as everything seemed ok in its travel case.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
dont think its gonna fit ok as its bent at the top of the broken part

Pipe cutter, trim a bit off each end till you get a clean circular end.

Insert a bit of something that will fit in both ends with some 2 part epoxy - job done. It's not a difficult repair

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The same happened to me although it was a stadry leg in a car boot. Although the bag was out of warranty, it had very little use and after contacting titleist, I was advised to return via my club pro. 5 days later they replaced it with the newer model FOC

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
The same happened to me although it was a stadry leg in a car boot. Although the bag was out of warranty, it had very little use and after contacting titleist, I was advised to return via my club pro. 5 days later they replaced it with the newer model FOC

Almost as bad as claiming a new driver due to a diddy mark on it!

😁

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Almost as bad as claiming a new driver due to a diddy mark on it!

😁

I snapped the leg in half slamming the boot in pissing rain.

phoned titleist asking if I could buy the leg separate as I had shut it in the boot but with the bag being in such great condition it was criminal to throw it. The bag was about 18 months old but due to health issues I’d hardly played.

Their after sales service is what would keep me loyal on their bags, flawless service.

Last edited: