Judging distances

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Don't want to detracted from the op but thought I'd ask, how would you know your distances without a monitor is the a way to map them out yourself or would you really need a monitor to gap out each club

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don't want to detracted from the op but thought I'd ask, how would you know your distances without a monitor is the a way to map them out yourself or would you really need a monitor to gap out each club
Hit clubs on the practice ground , see how far each club goes it’s not exact but close enough.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah, use the ball you'd normally play with, still conditions (no point in a good wind) and go through your clubs. Hit about 5 shots and if at all possible judge it on where they land, it's carry is the key number.

What you may find is that the gap between some of your clubs isn't as big as it should be. If you're using forged clubs the loft can change over time, so best get that checked. But sometimes its just cos, for instance, you dont hit your 5i as well as you 6i, so theres only really 5 yards between them.