JP Macmanus pro am

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I’ll try and catch some of this tonight (missed out last night thinking it wasn’t on)
Curious, does having your name on the ‘tournament’ get you access to play? No fewer than seven McManus’s in the AM teams (3 each with Rory & Jordan) ;)

D-S

Visit site

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm only an hour from limerick but unfortunately can't go due to other commitments

As part of their "goodie bag" every amateur taking part received a TaylorMade custom fitting on the range in Adare plus then supplied with the built clubs from the fitting!!!!

The word around here is that each team was €250,000 to enter. €500,000 for the tiger , Rory and JT slots

A tiny few "ordinary" amateurs who entered a draw at €100 per ticket for a place on a team
Each Am team drew a pro for each day, so unless there were some marked balls in the pot, there was no paying extra for Tiger etc. Although the 250k wouldn't surprise me, based on the names involved. I watched a bit Monday when I was sofa bound due to Covid, it seemed nice and relaxed, course looks great, very American though, they'll want to get the rough up for the Ryder Cup.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Possibly something to do with him still needing a buggy to get round?
I guess he was only using that because he could, not because he needed to.
If he is really intending to walk 4 rounds of St Andrews plus practice in a weeks time, then presumably he could have walked the pro am this week.

AussieKB

Visit site
Was lucky enough to play here many years ago, course was in great condition and the green fees were nothing like they are now, otherwise we would have driven straight by without a side-wise glance.

Jason.H

Visit site
Some of their handicaps looked dodgy, one team was 29 under on the day, 4 net hole in ones and nine net eagles all the rest birdies in one round.

D

Deleted member 1147

Some of their handicaps looked dodgy, one team was 29 under on the day, 4 net hole in ones and nine net eagles all the rest birdies in one round.
Were they not playing a scramble?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

They were playing a 'shamble' format (modified scramble) Basically taking the pro's tee shot most of the time