JP Macmanus pro am

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just happened to come across it and saw Tiger smash his drive straight up the middle. However his amateur partners. First one promptly pulls it left. The second one playing off 14 gets out his three wood. “ playing for position” as the comment says. He does no more than nobs it off the tee for 80 yds. Suffice to say the crowd showed there appreciation ????
Looks a nice relaxed tornament

D

Deleted member 3432

Just happened to come across it and saw Tiger smash his drive straight up the middle. However his amateur partners. First one promptly pulls it left. The second one playing off 14 gets out his three wood. “ playing for position” as the comment says. He does no more than nobs it off the tee for 80 yds. Suffice to say the crowd showed there appreciation ????
Looks a nice relaxed tornament

Rich ploughing machines, couldn't think of anything worse to watch...

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm only an hour from limerick but unfortunately can't go due to other commitments

As part of their "goodie bag" every amateur taking part received a TaylorMade custom fitting on the range in Adare plus then supplied with the built clubs from the fitting!!!!

The word around here is that each team was €250,000 to enter. €500,000 for the tiger , Rory and JT slots

A tiny few "ordinary" amateurs who entered a draw at €100 per ticket for a place on a team

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Tiger doesn't seem to have brought his game with him..
He's in a buggy and he still looks like he's struggling a bit with the walking..

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I'm only an hour from limerick but unfortunately can't go due to other commitments

As part of their "goodie bag" every amateur taking part received a TaylorMade custom fitting on the range in Adare plus then supplied with the built clubs from the fitting!!!!

The word around here is that each team was €250,000 to enter. €500,000 for the tiger , Rory and JT slots

A tiny few "ordinary" amateurs who entered a draw at €100 per ticket for a place on a team
It mentioned on the box there were a few thousand paid €100 a piece. ?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Louis putted up past the hole and Jordan stopped the ball from going further, picked it up and threw it back to him
I think he was putting for a 2 and they already had a 3
Obviously, in a Charity event, that means a DQ....
Seems he scooped up his own ball, forgetting he still had to hole out for the Pros event...

Last edited:

D-S

Visit site
Green fee at Adare Manor Euro 395 non resident, Euro 350 resident.

When did prices suddenly shoot to these stratospheric levels?

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
They have to pay for the multi million euro refit the whole place has just had....
There was a few million spent just on tress for end of driving range, these were mature fully grown trees lifted in by cranes

The Ryder cup is being seen as JP McManus's legacy, no expense will be spared for it

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
Can anyone explain why Spieth had to get a DQ? Looking at the rules it is only a DQ if he was intentionally trying to save strokes or the action was unbecoming of a golfer. Surely in this case it was neither and so penalties could have been given. Or did he tee off at the following hole before the error was discovered?

evemccc

Visit site
There was a few million spent just on tress for end of driving range, these were mature fully grown trees lifted in by cranes

The Ryder cup is being seen as JP McManus's legacy, no expense will be spared for it

Sounds pretty grim

For real team sporting events I’ll stick to Test cricket - and for watching golf I’ll stick to the real majors, i.e. the Open and the Amatuer Champ.
?

D

Deleted member 1147

Can anyone explain why Spieth had to get a DQ? Looking at the rules it is only a DQ if he was intentionally trying to save strokes or the action was unbecoming of a golfer. Surely in this case it was neither and so penalties could have been given. Or did he tee off at the following hole before the error was discovered?
He didn't finish the hole before starting the next