Is your golf ball up to

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
You obviously can't know unless you cut them open but MyGolfSpy found out when doing their ball test.
Several balls, when hit by a robot, went far beyond the expected dispersion parameters.
They cut one open and found this.
The fact that Callaway have announced a $50 million investment in new ball making machinery and protocols indicates that they've accepted that they have a problem and are going to put it right.
There won't be huge numbers of bad balls out there but there will be a significant number
I pretty much guarantee you wouldn't sink many putts with a ball like the picture above.

Unless there is a substantial weight difference between the pink & the black substances, I doubt it'll make a lot of difference to putting. I'd imagine full shots would be very inconsistent though.

D

Deleted member 16999

I'm not talking about affordability, I'm just saying that it's reasonable to expect a £3 item to not have a ridiculously expensive and 100% guaranteed flawless manufacturing process
The Golf Ball market was valued at $1.2 billion in 2017, I believe only 2 Companies have total control over the manafacturing process and they happened to have the lowest fault rate.
Faults happen in any manafacturing process, I accept that, but I still don’t think it’s ok to pay a tenner for 3 balls from 1 Company and find out they are 3 completely different balls with the 1 Company name printed on them, that’s just taking the michael imo.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I only use pickups that I find on the right side of the fairway/rough. Logic being that the fault that made them go right in the first place should help counteract my leftie fade/slice. :unsure:

I can see no flaw in your thought processes there Sir(y):LOL:

Mmm, I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but are you guilty of slow play? If you're looking for balls on the right side of the fairway, and your ball has gone to the left side of the fairway, you must be covering a hell of a lot of ground, and using up a fair bit of time...:eek:;):geek:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Mmm, I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but are you guilty of slow play? If you're looking for balls on the right side of the fairway, and your ball has gone to the left side of the fairway, you must be covering a hell of a lot of ground, and using up a fair bit of time...:eek:;):geek:
This man floats across the grass, moves with the grace of a gazelle, the speed of a falcon and just holds out his hand and the balls jump in......

Or did I just dream that:unsure:

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site

Come on Brian. Keep up :) The pickups I use originally went right, so, using them I'm in the middle of the fairway with my fade. I get the pickups when looking for other players' balls. :whistle::whistle:

Still chuckling over the other responses though :D You guys know me so well (y)