Simple fix to enjoy your golf

sunshine

Visit site
Not on this particular occasion... https://ibb.co/BrffDVS
We just had to tee up like two feet back from the markers so we weren't standing on top of the left one, or with our feet halfway down the bank. The guy in the photograph was lefty so he was able to do what you said.

I love this. What course was it?

Some joker has moved the markers and then had a giggle as everybody behind him struggles to tee off :ROFLMAO:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I love this. What course was it?

Some joker has moved the markers and then had a giggle as everybody behind him struggles to tee off :ROFLMAO:
My home club, Grims Dyke, and we were the first group at that tee that morning. The word was they took on some apprentice greenkeepers who were left to put the markers out that day for the first time.

Captain_Black.

Visit site
75% of the bunkers at our place are horrendous. The club know this and are raising money to sort them by selling off a bit of land. It’ll take a while to sort them and so in the meantime they’ve brought in a ‘rake and place’ winter rule in for all bunkers.

Problem is, the worst bunkers are pretty much mud. So they’re either rock hard or sloppy. Even the best players struggle to get out in one go, you’re either getting stuck in slop and fatting it 2 feet, or trying to softly clip it off hard mud but end up knifing it into the bunker the other side. Awful. Wish they’d just change them to gur and let us drop out on some grass instead.

We we're like this a while ago & to some extent still are although they have improved some of the bunkers.
But, this is my pet hate tbh.
There is no excuse for poor bunkers, if they aren't up to standard then they should be GUR.
A poorly maintained bunker can ruin a good round.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
We we're like this a while ago & to some extent still are although they have improved some of the bunkers.
There is no excuse for poor bunkers, if they aren't up to standard then they should be GUR.
Ours were pretty poor, inconsistent and variable. Over the last three (maybe four..time is confusing) winters and the lockdowns my place has rebuilt every single one of our bunkers; removed a couple; built some new ones, and moved some others. All are built to the same high, and low maintenance, standard and should stand us in good stead for many years to come…all being well.

It’s been quite an effort and we’ve had to put up with a fair bit of disruption, though not too much most of the time for most bunkers. Having all the bunkers the same standard and playability has made a huge difference to my bunker play.

Not everyone likes them, mostly as they think that they can be too penalising, but I say…you’re only going to be in a ‘terrible‘ position through a poor shot, a decent shot but maybe misjudged length or direction, will almost always end up eminently playable. So just learn to play bunker shots…easier said than done…but it’s true. And be aware that, when you hit a terrible shot into a bunker, it’s then all down to Lady Luck where you end up…just as it is when you hit your ball into the rough.

Last edited:

Swango1980

Visit site
Or, hitting it into any bunker can ruin a good round :)

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
They are meant to be hazards………… ?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
You do know that you dont have to stand between the tee markers dont you?

Odd you should mention that, member at our place have suggested having permanent winter tees. The clubs answer was to put some driving range mats down on some of the tees. And move them every few days. However some of the lads do not like playing off them so started teeing off behind the mat, within two club lengths. Some of the committee folk found out and we’re not impressed. It ended up in “ strong” words being exchanged.