Is this practicing on the course?

D

Deleted member 25172

Now under consideration. Genuinely thought that this came under practice on the course, all repsponses here and on a facebook rules page are saying otherwise, so this option already been spoken about today.

You've no idea the number of rules we've had to introduce to combat one person who always wants to just be a little bit different to other members

I want to hear more about other things your club has had to do due to this person being difficult, besides having his dog with him in a medal round. Spill the beans! :D

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
To qualify what is being said just a bit. The practice area at my club is, as at possibly many other clubs, part of the course. Any stroke made on the practice ground is thus a stroke made on the course. What makes practising there legitimate cannot be because strokes are not being made on the course when they clearly are. It is legitimate because 5.3b sanctions practising on the course before a stroke play competition provided that practice is taking place on a practice area.

Last edited:

salfordlad

Visit site
To qualify what is being said just a bit. The practice area at my club is, as at possibly many other clubs, part of the course. Any stroke made on the practice ground is thus a stroke made on the course. What makes practising there legitimate cannot be because strokes are not being made on the course when they clearly are. It is legitimate because 5.3b sanctions practising on the course before a stroke play competition provided that practice is taking place on a practice area.
Agree, but note 5.2b rather than 5.3b.