Is it acceptable to play golf on Christmas Day?

Is it OK to play golf on Christmas Day?

• Yes

Votes: 76 77.6%
  • No

Votes: 25 25.5%

• Total voters

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Just for a bit of fun and a web piece (and ignoring the fact that courses will be shut) would you want to get out there for 18 holes, and extras in case of a play-off?

Kindly show your workings/thought processes..

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
i think i've only ever played a couple of times myself, but courses are open up here anyway, usually to drunk to drive to Nairn anyway

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I have usually played on xmas day in recent years
(with no tourists at the moment the local course is taking the opportunity to give staff the day off this year so I'm booked for xmas eve instead)

Long range forecast says 30 degrees but chance of shower

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Not everyone celebrates christmas. The course isn't shut for Ramadan so....

Personally my wife would kill me so I won't be.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I wouldn't do it. Don't see the point at Christmas Day is a day for families and although the in-laws aren't coming this year it'll be nice to have the day with HID and then take some Christmas dinner to the in-laws late afternoon or early evening and catch up with them, even from the garden path

Boxing Day though is fair game and a good excuse to walk off the excess of the previous day and in normal times a drink and a catch up with friends after. Not this year I fear for a drink at least

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
A couple of members normally open the clubhouse bar for the few that play on Christmas Day but I guess that won't be happening this year. Personally, absolutely not.

Mandofred

Visit site
Don’t you feel a bit guilty saying “right kids I’m off to play golf,I’ll play with your toys with you in 4hrs”?
People are different....what works for one doesn't work for another. It might not work for you, but you can't lump everybody into one category. What if you don't celebrate Christmas at all? What if you don't have kids? What if my wife just wants me out of the house for a few hours so she can get some peace and quiet? I'd have no trouble doing it, not religious, don't have kids although my wife does.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don't think I've ever been a member of a club that opened xmas day, was a regular Xmas eve bounce game but have missed that the last two years.