Is it acceptable to play golf on Christmas Day?

Is it OK to play golf on Christmas Day?

• Yes

Votes: 76 77.6%
  • No

Votes: 25 25.5%

• Total voters

Mandofred

Visit site
I'd play if it was worth it.....I'd hate to call the emergency people out to remove me from mud up to my neck. Just not worth playing right now.....I don't mind losing the occasional ball, but right now everything is plopping into the ground/mud and are just too hard to find. Just not pleasant.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Our club has just posted some pics on Facebook of green with BIG puddles on them... saying even if Welsh Golf wasn't locked down, there would be no play - we've had over 5 inches of rain in last week. Been coming down in buckets all day today!
Course needs 24 hours for heavy rain to drain off... tomorrow forecast cold and clear! (hooray) so in essence, Xmas Day would be a goer!

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Two ball for Friday morning, missus and dogs in tow as well.
She’s not too happy about but that’s the price she’ll pay for a lift and back to her parents so she can have a drink.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The way it's been raining around here, not much chance of anyone having a game, courses will all be shut. Had about a month's worth of rain in 4 days.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
My Christmas golf had to be today, teeing off in an hour
Storm front to the north means quite windy (3 club at least ) and overcast skies, still mid 30's temp wise so no layers needed...

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don't see why you shouldn't play if you want to.

Not on my list to do on Xmas day as until this year it is has been pretty much a set routine:
Up at 11am.
11.30am round the old mans to give seasonal greetings.
Noon, down the pub with the B-I-L.
3pm lift back to the old mans from the better half.
4pm Xmas dinner
5pm open presents
5.30pm fast asleep

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Below freezing when I got on the first tee at Walton Heath this morning - round in just over two hours but had to miss three holes and come back to get them at the end because of a five-ball in front.
And someone who looked distinctly like Mike Harris with a number plate to match in the car park.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
I passed on the golf this morning. Dogs were out at 6 and the ground was frozen.
We had a walk on the course and woods and there were 3 die hard groups on.
Was surprised to see flags left in for the first time and gate open.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Course closed.
The Grove is open. Mostly 2 balls, but one lot have joined up to be a 4 ball. Great for the 2s behind, irrespective of the legality.