Is anyone using new equipment for the first time?

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I went into LD1 with a set of Mizuno MP4 and I know not what else, which is pretty damning. I changed everything during LD1, and it's just as damning that I can't remember those either.

I went back to golf to discover that I didn't really like much of anything I had acquired (what sort of numbskull would do that?) and so over the summer through buying and trying ended up with what you see in the sig'. The last purchase I made was the Z785 4 - PW, new on the 9th Oct, just before LD2 and the inclement weather that followed. I think I've played 3, 9 hole rounds with them.

I swore that I would come out of the other side of LD3 with the exact same equipment, and I would have if I hadn't' seen those nice shiny Callaway Apex 2018 MB which I will be taking on the course for the first time in 12 days time.

The wedges in the sig aren't really new, I bought them well before LD2, but I then gave them to my wife to give back to me for Christmas, so I haven't played with them either.

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I started planning for my retirement (22nd April is last day at work) last September. Full fitting, clubs ordered so I could bed them in over the winter ahead of my new found freedom. New bag and 13 Callaways sitting here next to my desk (kept my putter) so i can step in the garden and swing them and wish. Instead it seems I will be trying them all live this Monday at 09:38. My wife tells me they are an "outdoor toy" after Monday and no longer allowed in the house.