Is anyone using new equipment for the first time?

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Counting down the days until Monday 29th March, leave work early and head for the nearest course. Is anyone going to be using any new clubs etc for the first time?

If so, what is everyone's expectations and how long would you consider a reasonable amount of time to get use to a new set of clubs? or a single club or even a whole new bag?

Apart from 2 wedges and a putter (Christmas presents) which have only been used for 2 rounds the rest of the bag is new for me. Very excited but not really sure what to expect....

Hope you have a good round. But be aware that some clubs are limiting play in first week(s) to members only. If you are turning up to pay and play on spec, you may be disappointed. Can you book a spot before the big day??

RichA

Visit site
Two new Ping Glide wedges, a cheap and cheerful G400 crossover and a new swing that hasn't included a golf ball yet. What could possibly go wrong?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What sort of numbskull changes gear without trying it? Buying stuff online blind is just insane ??

There is the knowing that at the price you paid for it you will probably get the money back when you resell it.

At least one of the sets of irons I bought untried I would probably double my money on resell.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Five new shafts.
Three for my 3 wood
Just to experiment with flight.

Tensei blue and a
Ventus velocore blue for my driver.
If they don’t work I will get most of my money back on eBay.

RichA

Visit site
It is a good system. I figured out last year that you can buy an untried club at Snainton or Scottsdale, use it for a couple of months and shift it no bother on eBay for a tenner less than you paid.
Better testing on a course with no pressure than hitting off a thin carpet being watched by the shop assistant.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Make sure you practice taking them off and putting them back on again before the 29th.

And don't make the rookie error of only practicing indoors, go outside into the garden and see if they still preform as desired. (y)
And in the shower to simulate the rain.
This is a true test of headcovers do they preform when wet.?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'll be playing a new putter, either a Golden Goose just delivered or a Slazenger Lucky 13 that should be delivered in the next couple of days.

Other than that it'll be the HB&S Max Faulkner Avenger irons (which were my original vintage set) with Dunlop Maxflite 1 and 3 woods.

What can go wrong that hasn't before?

Max Faulkner? Time to upgrade to a set of Tony Jacklins.

RichA

Visit site
Other than that it'll be the HB&S Max Faulkner Avenger irons...
My first set, donated by my uncle, who had them from new with the shafts cut down to suit his 5'4 stature. I'm 6'2" and they were a great excuse for being rubbish.
Via cheap Howson OS CBs I'm now using 38 year old Ping Eye 2s. Same outcome, new excuses.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Just had a think... I'm stunned myself to say that no.. nothing new in the bag since the start of December when I played a handful of times before weather curtailed it.

Everything from Driver to Putter was new in 2020 though :ROFLMAO: