Is anyone using new equipment for the first time?

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Max Faulkner? Time to upgrade to a set of Tony Jacklins.

I've got two sets of Dunlop Tony Jacklin irons, one of them being the Contour Sole model with purple ferrules, "nice".

image.png.77d863106ab68aaa71fcf2c6154b2e38.png

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
What sort of numbskull changes gear without trying it? Buying stuff online blind is just insane ??

Apart from new irons, new wedges, a new driver and a new type of ball in play, my bag hasn't changed at all over lockdown ??
When I discovered a set of irons for £299 that were only available on-line this particular numbskull did :) And they have done me just fine for near 15yrs. But theyt were only £299 for a full set.

Boomy

Visit site
I’ve got a new trolley to use in rainy weather or full days golf. Does that count ? It’s got a brake so I should be ok driving it!

bwstokie

Visit site
New cobra speedzone extreme driver, cobra rad speed 3 hybrid and a new lob wedge making their debuts at 8am on the 29th.

Lockdown 1 I went into hitting a draw, come out with a fade. Lockdown 2 went in hitting a fade came out with a draw. Lockdown 3 went into with a two way miss so providing I can hit the ball one way or the other it’ll be an improvement ?

SaintStu

Visit site
Hope you have a good round. But be aware that some clubs are limiting play in first week(s) to members only. If you are turning up to pay and play on spec, you may be disappointed. Can you book a spot before the big day??
Thank you :), I have two courses within a 5 minute drive from work and one will probably be busy as it was after the last lockdowns although it states online anyone can book. However, the other course is where I will play for the first game back as its a nice par 3 course and its fairly open, and the holes range from 112yrds up to 200yrds. Unfortunately I can not book that until 7 days before though but its empty all the time as they have a full 18 hole course too which is what everyone plays but as its only been since May/June last year since I really got into Golf it was a good course to learn on without holding people up and learning the basics at my own pace.

I joined the closest course to my home (2mins) back in December as it was only £34.00pm for unlimited Golf so will play that the rest of the week, just got to Phone tomorrow to book. Its a Municipal course and its very hilly but its in good condition and I enjoy it. Plus me and my partner are expecting a baby due in April so if I am not at work and playing Golf I need to stay close to home! so lets be honest I wont be out the 2 or 3 days a week I was playing before Christmas for sometime! I'm still allowed to carry on with lessons though so that's a bonus (y)

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Feeling a bit left out. A year ago I replaced the ‘U’ wedge from my Ping G700 set with a 46 Cleveland wedge. Not changed anything since.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I exited lockdown 1 with new vega irons and wedges.

Changed the wedges for some Sm8’s after 6 months

Lockdown 3 has seen me pillage the PXG sale and buy Driver, 5 wood, 19 deg hybrid and a Cheeky wee Putter.

So entering into the complete unknown at the top and bottom ends of my bag.

I will say though that the RRP for the vega and PXG stuff I bought new is circa 5k I’d imagine.

Cost me around 1.5 k all in and was All brand new.

So I’m still chuffed enough that I don’t have complete buyers remorse... yet ?

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
I bought this for £30 in a moment of complete boredom a few weeks ago. In my head I’m going to roll back the years to 2005 and smash it on the 1st green, in my heart I’m going to knob it 50 yards

Attachments

• 0A978CB4-F730-4D10-8B98-ED55B5671D30.jpeg
    0A978CB4-F730-4D10-8B98-ED55B5671D30.jpeg
    82.6 KB · Views: 6

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I bought a new 5 wood just before the last lockdown. hit it a few times on the range. I've decided I'm hitting off the first on whichever course I start on. Apart from maybe the 1 course locally which starts with a 130 yard par 3!
:ROFLMAO: For a moment I thought you said for the 130 yard par 3. I was thinking cripes what yardage does your pw go!

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Not new but I found an old Ping Sedona putter in the loft. It was cut down for my daughter, but actually feels quite nice. Might give it a run out on the 29th.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Someone mentioned that Srixon might be bringing this ball ball (without the Ping bit)

Attachments

• C70DF408-28E0-490F-BF4E-E9561D851E88.jpeg
    C70DF408-28E0-490F-BF4E-E9561D851E88.jpeg
    340.6 KB · Views: 12