Iron covers

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Apart from the rattle of a ball into the cup, nothing sounds more golf, than the pleasant, extemporised, polyphonic clatter of ones irons, as one walks the fairways. An intrinsic part of golf, since time immemorial.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I’m happy to admit to using iron covers, they're great.
My irons are 6 years old and they look 6 months old, showing light use only. Much of that is thanks to the covers. I use a buggy a fair bit and that’s moving a lot faster than a gentle walk so it has to help reduce ‘club on club’ damage
Also when carrying I can continue to move around other players (out of sightline) without the risk of distracting them on their shot/putt or needing to stand still or grab a handful of irons to stop the clinking

I’m not interested in the slightest in protecting resale value, taking care of them is purely personal but I’ve seen pictures of the 6yr old stuff golfbidder rate as 7/8 out of ten, on their scale mine must be a 9.7 … and I never hit them off obvious gravel/stony lies, that’s why I carry a ‘rock’ club... which has a great many scars

The Fader

Visit site
I use iron covers.......

But not to protect the heads. I use one's with a neck to protect against shaft rub on my graphite shafts.

It's the choice I choose to make!

Although to some on this forum you are only allowed a choice if it matches their chosen preference!