ipad to tv help needed

6inchcup

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
hi all the misses got me a ipad for christmas,i have sky go set up using my dads details,how do i connect the ipad to my tv so i can watch it,i have a new lcd tv with usb ports that the ipad fits into and the tv recognises the ipad but will not play the sky go progs,any suggestions regarding cables or settings,thanks.

Phil2511

Global Moderator
www.britespark.org
unsure about this exactly but i think that you need to get the adapter and use the HDMI cable, I know Argos sell them as i got the kids an ipad for Xmas. I dont think that it will work through USB although it will see the device.
But someone else may know better than me.
I use the skygo on my xbox (mates details) but you can also use it on laptop if that would be simpler?

6inchcup

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
i wanted to set it up next to my tv so i could watch the sport and movies on the 50 inch,getting fed up being stuck in the spare bedroom watching everything on my pc monitor.

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
i have virgin but the cost of getting the sports package and the movie package is stupid price when i have them for free now!!!! but thanks for the input!!!!

£20 bangers a month for sports is hardly a stupid price.

Enjoy ur A/V debacles :)

wuuki456

Club Champion
Visit site
sky go along with 4od BBC I player etc are blocked when you connect them to the tv. I've got a hdmi connector and can confirm this.
If you want a connector I got mine on eBay for £11.
For all the connector just mirrors what's on your ipad, when you connect to the above you get a different image on screen from the relevant app saying you can't use them.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Skygo 100% blocked for the reasons the OP had in trying to connect. Pain in the ass for me as I spend 4 to 6 nights a month in hotels where the ipad used to be great for testing sport on the telly.

Ethan, I'm sure skygo won't stream via Apple TV, I was sure it was locked for that too.

Phil2511

Global Moderator
www.britespark.org
Skygo 100% blocked for the reasons the OP had in trying to connect. Pain in the ass for me as I spend 4 to 6 nights a month in hotels where the ipad used to be great for testing sport on the telly.

Ethan, I'm sure skygo won't stream via Apple TV, I was sure it was locked for that too.

Strange that it works on Xbox but not on those.

6inchcup

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Another option is to get an Apple TV and use Airplay to chuck content over to that from your iDevice.
playing videos and music would be no problem its streaming live tv that's the problem so i'm assuming the apple tv would still block the sky go.